Gt3566R/ Gt35 With T04Z Front End?

FGTURBO6

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 6m 14d

Have a chat to dave about it, he was the one that turned me off the gtx, he has a gt3540 with a to4 front wheel waiting to go on his f6 im pretty sure

Yeah its still hasnt been fitted, Im still debating what way to go

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 2m 12d

Actually, Id be interested to see how a gt35/40 stock turbo with billet stock 62ish mm wheel with a .7 housing would go?

Well that's exactly what a GTX 35 is :-)

This is what Veva has, the compressor wheel is basically the same diameter but a direrent fin design which cuts in close the the centre shaft, allowing more airflow. This is pretty much the same deal as the GTX compressor billet wheels.

When you change to a larger / heavier compressor wheel, lag will increase slightly as it will when you increase the compressor housing AR, as in going from a standard housing of .5, to a larger .7 AR housing.

A good tuner will be able to alter to the tune to make up for this loss... Vevas FG is definatley no lag monsta.

I posted a datalog graph of 0.5 to 0.7 cover spool difference using street data and the lag difference was buggerall. An AR change on the turbine housing makes a significantly greater difference than the compressor AR going by my data with a 66mm TO4Z garbage wheel. In terms of spool loss my dyno data shows 700 odd rpm loss and bulk kw at 3000rpm, in reality though my data shows less loss on the street. There is absolutely no way in the world any tuner can recover that loss via a calibration change. Totally unrealistic expectation unless your tune was total garbage to start with.

No one has mentioned the HTA version of the GT35 which has a slightly smaller compressor turbine in comparison to the GTX35. Same size 0.7 cover.

I have never experienced one but I regret not going the Mr Turbo 61mm billet wheel in the 0.5 cover.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 1d

Toads, your saying you logged hardly any difference in lag between the .5 to the .7 compressor housing, which is basically what I stated, the small amount of lag CAN be removed through tuning , such as inlet cam timing , and as a lot of tuners don't touch cam timing in an initial tune, a tweak later can yield good improents in spool up, maybe not a huge change, but enough to improve on the .7 housings minor loss

Greater loss when increasing the A/R on the turbine (exhaust) housing is right, but what housing did you change to?

A back to back test you did must have been two housings both externally gated... Or is there a bigger A/R internal gate housing that will bolt to the ford 35/40 t3 frame that you used for the test?

The topic isn't really concerned with changing the turbine housing, non of the turbos mentioned have.

Not having a go mate, your post just reads odd when you mentioned turbine housing.

I am odd lol. I just tell it as I see it which is based on what the data says.

Nah wiggums 0.7 cover actually spooled better than my 0.5 cover with the 66mm wheel. The shape of the curves were identical.

We both have modified cam tables, and both of us have played with cam timing a fair bit and shared info. Playing with the tune will never recover the lost spool on my car. If I went out and got a twin scroll / twin gate manifold then it would e a different story! XYZ's (think it was him) car is a good example, his big GT42 on a good manifold out spooled his GT3566r on the stock manifold....going by his dyno sheets.

I have an external gate and wiggum has an internal..both same turbine AR. He still out spools me.

He uses HP though which is missing a cam max retard limit table which is TP based.