Where To Put Boost Gauge In A Fg And Fg Mk2

Pazzo

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 1d

how are the gauges sitting on the hat of the icc? the look like there glued or screwed in? have the made a gauge holder to either sit on the icc or something like the ba-bf?

The top hat is a genuine ford item so its a perfect match not only in colour but also fit. Theres a company in WA called Top End Audio that modify them to except the cups. They bolt up from underneath. If someone had the patience to do it and the tools it would not be to hard to do. You just need to cut 3 holes correctly in the top hat for the cups to sit in and work out a way of securing them.

Edited by Rancidpunx

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 17d

Just for info, Top End Audio only have the covers for FG1 at the moment.

They cant get FG2 covers from Ford yet so they have to modify yours to take the cups, which is no biggie.

should have mine sorted in the next few weeks.

Boost, oil press and EGT for me.

I decided against obdii because I cant see it working real fast and the cost of set up would prob take me halfway to the proper gauge set up and if it didn't work spot on, I'd be very unhappy at having to spend the money twice.

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 12y 5m 2d

The top hat is a genuine ford item so its a perfect match not only in colour but also fit. Theres a company in WA called Top End Audio that modify them to except the cups. They bolt up from underneath. If someone had the patience to do it and the tools it would not be to hard to do. You just need to cut 3 holes correctly in the top hat for the cups to sit in and work out a way of securing them.

cheers for the info buds,im pretty sure my icc is a series 1 coz it doesnt have touch screen? would anyone kniow if I can put the touch screen icc into my one?

As mentioned it has been done...

Asl and SS have made them

ill jump on there website and take a squiz.thanks

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 11m 8d

id love to get the pod that sits above the icc screen in my fg but I cant justify the $300 for it plus the cost of gauges plus install costs, would come to $1000+ where I live.

• Member For: 13y 7m 11d

id love to get the pod that sits above the icc screen in my fg but I cant justify the $300 for it plus the cost of gauges plus install costs, would come to $1000+ where I live.

It is an expensive setup going with the triple gauge pod on top of the icc. Mine ended up costing me like 1200 if you include the pod, the gauges I bought and getting them all connected.. Does look the goods when finished though

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 17d

$1450 fitted by Top End Audio, I'm getting a set fitted on Thursday.

I considered the I-phone/ICC idea but without owning an I-phone, it would probably cost me half of that amount to buy all the bits I need, including a used I-phone.

I was also concerned about the speed and accuracy of the I-phone set up.

The other thing that worried me was what would I have to do every time I got in the car to have this display come up.

If I have to press half a dozen buttons, plug sh1t in, twist knobs and slap myself in the head every time I got in the car just to get the display to show all of this stuff, then I'd be pissed at wasting my money.

I'd hate to spend halfway to a really nice set of guages and find out I wasnt happy with the result, so I decided to go with the guages from Top End Audio as below.

Looking at a set up into an I-Phone on an FG-1 last night (Murdok I think ?) confirmed most of the above.

Getting a boost guage, oil pressure and EGT.

I don't see trans temp as every being an issue for me.

They have FG1 covers ready to go, but FG2 ones are not available so mine will be cut and shut on the day to accept the cups.

FG-XR6-Turbo-1.jpg

Edited by Boganspeed