Where To Put Boost Gauge In A Fg And Fg Mk2

Pazzo

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 25d

Bogan.. :/

The FG2 with 8" touch screen has a redesigned top hat so the current pods available from ASL and SS will not fit.

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 12y 5m 2d

farrrrk I really like that setup,in through the icc.how do I get that in my car? also im thinking of buying a new icc unit with dvd and sat nav,will this effect it in anyway? some info will be very helpful thanks..

Anyone who has said they obstruct your view in FG1s is an idiot

DSC00482.JPG

As you can see my GPS sits higher and its positioned as far down as it will go. The bulge in the bonnet sits higher when your seated.

DSC00465.JPG

The FG2 with 8" touch screen has a redesigned top hat so the current pods available from ASL and SS will not fit.

that looks very good too?how are the gauges sitting on the hat of the icc? the look like there glued or screwed in? have the made a gauge holder to either sit on the icc or something like the ba-bf?

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 27d

I'm getting the set up as above.

It won't obstruct the view on my FGII.

Yeah the FG2 one should be out by 2016 so make sure you throw up a pic when you get it.

• Like 1

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Efsix, read the description of the video? He's running an app called Rev using Kiwi Wifi with the use of the OBDII connection. Search Kiwi Wifi on here for info.

The gauges are in cups manufactured on the cover. Take off original cover that came with the car, replace with aftermarket cover with cups made on it :spoton:

Lol dillz, still waiting for yours?

Edited by Shyfrd

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 27d

Nah I don't gaf. Kinda feel better not having SS gear in my car anyway.

• Member For: 21y 5m 22d

Don't get the ODB2 dongle. Apparently its slow. Better to get the cable and connect the phone straight to the odb port.

Can you tell me what cable and where to buy it from.

EFSIX, whatever you do, dont worry about getting a Ford SatNav system. The FG series 1 is sh*thouse compared to my Garmin. The Ford one does not read out street names and it tells you to turn about 10m before the turn by saying "turn now". Its absolute crap.

I would use a smartphone with a Garmin application and get the video up onto the ICC. I might even use a dedicated smartphone for GPS and gauges.

• I Lead Not Follow...
  • Member For: 12y 5m 2d

Efsix, read the description of the video? He's running an app called Rev using Kiwi Wifi with the use of the OBDII connection. Search Kiwi Wifi on here for info.

The gauges are in cups manufactured on the cover. Take off original cover that came with the car, replace with aftermarket cover with cups made on it :spoton:

Lol dillz, still waiting for yours?

buds you have to take it easy on me but what the hell is th OBDII?? wifi,do you mean this connects via my bluetooth or something?

as for the gauge pod ,where do I purchase one from and do they fit/hold other gauges such as autometer?

Can you tell me what cable and where to buy it from.

EFSIX, whatever you do, dont worry about getting a Ford SatNav system. The FG series 1 is sh*thouse compared to my Garmin. The Ford one does not read out street names and it tells you to turn about 10m before the turn by saying "turn now". Its absolute crap.

I would use a smartphone with a Garmin application and get the video up onto the ICC. I might even use a dedicated smartphone for GPS and gauges.

cheers mate,yeah alot of peopl have told me that ford sat navs are crap? wonder why they dont improve them.I have a garmin aswell and its blood brilliant too.

I just dont understand the last part of your comment? use my phone with a garmin app then link it up to my icc,how in gods name does that happen? let me guess,my bluetooth?lol

im new to the tech stuff buds,ive been fiddling around with old school cars till I saw the light.haha

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Connector is under the dash I think. Google it if you want to know what the actual connection looks like.

You'll fit any pod in the cups as long as they are the right size