New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• 09JET
  • Member For: 15y 3m 1d

Mate they're 2K with wheels and tyres and the dude tells me they will fit, not sure about the actual offset though. You can also get a 10 inch one for the back. I reckon 2K is very reasonable for 19x8.5's with tyres, nuts etc.

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 22d
Nice wheels those Lenso's Rhino. I bet they aren't cheap. What offset do they come in?

Benny

I emailed Tempe Tyres today about those wheels and some others that I liked:

18*8.0 Lenso DC5

19*8.5 Lenso DC5

19*10 Lenso DC5 - These are GTR only, was just curious...

These were prices with tyre's packaged as well.

18 inch lenso are $1750 delivered on the package and 19s are $2200 delivered on the packages, the 19x10s are for GTRs only, I would suggest have a look at other options than lenso as they are suitable to Jap cars only.

Overall they seem pretty cheap, I just haven't been able to work out if they will fit my FG ok - may have to ring them tomorrow.

• Member For: 16y 1m 5d
Ive done the same thing as well but came over from the other side previously owning a Statesman. I really miss the instant torque, you just have to tap the throttle ever so slightly and the car lurches forwards. All good fun :upsidedown: Im happy with the xr6t, best decision to go with the 4.0l turbo. :roll:

I do understand the feeling but it's not "instant torque", its instant throttle response you're talking about. The instant throttle response of a naturally aspirated V8 over the rush of the turbo engine (with ever so slight turbo lag) is what you miss. When it comes to torque nothing Expensive Daewoo makes comes close to an instant 533nm from 2000rpm.

• Team Octane
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 22d
18 inch lenso are $1750 delivered on the package and 19s are $2200 delivered on the packages, the 19x10s are for GTRs only, I would suggest have a look at other options than lenso as they are suitable to Jap cars only.

Sorry, this was the response from Sam @ Tempe Tyres.

• Member For: 15y 2m 28d

hey all, new to the forums..

currently have

04 ba xr6t

water-meth injection

capa flash

intercooler upgrade

injectors

full xforce system

next few weeks im going to be doing sum new sizpro valve springs and a retune... its at 293 now... looking for 330+

• Member For: 15y 2m 28d

Hello XR6T Owners,

I am new to the forum but have been lurking a bit trying to find out as much as I can about the XR6T.

I am hoping to purhase an 06/07 XR6T with the six speed ZF box for around the $21-22K mark with no more than 100 KLM's on the clock. I am willing to be patient until one comes up for that price and then jump on it. Maybe I have unrealistic expectations but I don' want to pay over $27K from a dealer.

From what I can gather the XR6T gets OK fuel economy when driven sedately (I care because it will be an every day driver), and I have also been pleasantly surprised by the cost of insurance which I thought would be over the top. (I was quoted $570.00 pa from AAMI for full compr). You could say I am primed to get one.

Are there any common problems with the XR6T?? I have heard of driveline lash and brake problems. Are these types of problems common or just isolated cases. Being an Aussie built car I would think that there would be some build quality issues from car to car. Correct me if I am wrong.

Is there anything in particular that I should look for when purchasing?

Should I stay with bog standard or get a specced up one? Common sense says get a standard one but if a good one with tasteful mods comes along I could be tempted to pay a bit extra. I guess a modded one is more likely to have had a hard life. Just out of interest how much would an existing owner have spent in upping the RWKW to say 270-300 with all mods done properly??

I see some of them are ex police chasers. Should these be avoided?? My wife has a VS Late model camira ex police that we have owned for 10 years and haven't had a single problem.

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated as I am about 95% convinced that the XR6T will be my next car.

Cheers

• Member For: 16y 6m 10d

Hi mate they are a great cars they do have there problems like all cars.

mine is a daily driver BA 4sp and I use about 16.7 per 100 with air con on around town and I do give it a bit now and again. the BF is ment to be better on fuel and the ZF is a great auto.

A BF is what you want get but get one after 6th month 06 the BA engine is in the BF till 6th month 06 after that engine is stronger. and you dont have to warry about doing valve springs as there not the greatest in the BA.

I think you will get the car at the price you want but its going to be a matter or time. just remember Cheap Fast and Reliable you can only have 2.

• 09JET

Sorry fellas, need to bitch and moan. To say I am unimpressed with Ford would be a huge understatement. When ordering a car, they got me to give them three colour choices in case they couldn't get what I wanted. None the less, they located an XR6T in Ego for me and I left a deposit and signed a contract for the car, they said it would take ten days to come in. Yesterday I rang them, 7 days later as I haven't heard from them to see if it was on schedule and the dealer says, "Oh I meant to ring you, it looks like they sold the car you ordered and we've been through your second choice and are now down to white." WTF? No way muh'f#cker, my contract says Ego! How can they treat a customer like this? Not even ring me and let me know and try and deliver a car not in the colour I ordered. The three choices were just for when he went looking for available cars. And to sell the car I ordered. What a a pack of you know whats. I am seriously thinking of pulling my deposit and telling them to punch it where the sun don't shine!

• No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle!
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 20y 7m 7d

It is happening a lot this month as the remaining stock is beign sold at full or over sticker price.

Heaps of people with ABN's are buying new cars to get the 50% stimulus offering. People who have been waiting many months are finding their allocation has been sold and they just get a deposit back and told tough titties.

I would find another dealer, but remember you must have the car by 30th June to get the bonus 50% into this years tax return. Do not believe the BS about only needing to pay for it by the 30/6 it is not true.

• 09JET

Thanks ZAP. Most of the Ford yards around here are owned by the same people... I' gunna ring him now and tell him I'm pulling the sale. And I he begs to keep my businesss I'll tell him, "Sure I'll have a white one, but you can knock another $1500 off or I'm going." Seriously though, this is the first time I've ever bought a Ford, and have never been treated so shabbily by other marques I have bought from, like Holden, Toyota and Nissan. Not a good first Ford experience... The deadline won't matter to me as its not a business vehicle.

Edited by Rhino1980