New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 2d

Hey guys, Just bought a BA MkII XR6T (4sp auto :crying: ) Just needing some help with new intercooler, wondering if the ebay specials will hook up to the standard piping? And also would love some advice (or even help) changing the diff bush :)

Glad to find another forum to hopefully help me with this stuff :P

Daimo

Welcome!

1. don't buy an ebay cooler. You'll only end up changing to a good brand one in the future. Just search 'monza' and you'll see what I mean lol

2. Best advice on diff bush is too get someone else too do it lol (got mine down for $380 in labour and supplied bushes myself). Oh and buy super pro comfort series, stay away from the nolathane solid bushes

• Like 1

• Member For: 12y 2m 8d

awesome thanks guys, been looking at the PW kit for like 1k... plus a PW CAI kit.

Another problem poked its head up today though.... driving normally the engine light comes on and the car runs rough for about 20sec then stalls. I pull over. start it again and its sweet. Took it back to the dealer who said it was a knock sensor and replaced it. That was last week but it happened again today, exactly the same thing. Now its got me thinking they either did a dodgey job on the knock sensor, or the engine is actually knocking?

Daimo :)

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 10m 11d

Hi Peoples

Name is Sheldon, just purchased a 06 BF XR6T first ford ever, well sort of once owned a TX3 Turbo but more of a mazda then a ford, have usually only driven Silvia, Skylines ect. Love the car so far amazing power from minimal mods. Car currently pushing 421 @ wheels. Will get pics up.

• Like 1

• Member For: 11y 10m 11d

Yeah she good Bazinga right haha I get it all the time.Any way here pic the car, picking it up friday and since I know my name gonna get me trolled I might aswell join in

post-53920-0-00966100-1352637095_thumb.j

post-53920-0-00861300-1352637140_thumb.j

post-53920-0-99513200-1352637504_thumb.j

Edited by Bushido
  • Like 4

• Member For: 11y 10m 16d

Gidday Fella's,

My name is Dave and I just recently purchased my first Turbo Falcon (last week).

I managed to purchase a BA MK II F6 Typhoon, it's silhouette in colour with black leather. Purchased this off an acquaintance who is bit of a car collector.

I have to say I've owned many performance and muscle cars in my time and this is one of the finest motor cars I've ever driven.

Anyway the details are this car is build P0001 built Aug 04 and registered to Ford in Feb 2005. The car was owned by Ford as a Field Evaluation Unit (FEU) and was the first pilot build. I was interested in this car as it was the first plated Typhoon and also cause it's quite well optioned.

The car has leather, 6speed (as all BA's do), electric sunroof, FPV wheel, Brembo premium brake package and John Bowe Race suspension kit (fitted by the first selling dealer). Also the last owner has fitted the FPV 19" dark argents wheels and I have the originals.

Over all I'm pretty happy with this car and it's showing 70 odd thousand kays on the clock.

Looking forward to learning more about these great machines.

cheers,

Dave.

photo-22.jpg

photo-20.jpg

photo-19.jpg

photo-21.jpg

• Like 6