New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 13y 5m 22d

that's the beauty of the Turbos dont have to do much to them to get them to run quick, im old school 30 years ago my mates fairlane was a 10s car we had to put it on a trailer take it to Calder raceway run it...put it back on the trailer and then take it home again, these days its not uncommon for a 10s street car to be driven to the track..... you run it... then drive home again, take the kids to school the next day then go shopping afterwards lolol I forget about how much fast cars have changed over the years back then it was good set of heads, cam, holley carb, manifold, extractors, twin point mallory twin point distributor and so on....lol now its flash tune, intercooler, airbox, exhaust, dump pipe, and so on. I dont know about you... but I find it all very interesting how its changed....

Cheers Mick,

I'm more into older cars myself too but these things are so much fun for a daily. I agree, definitely something I'm trying to learn more about and this looks like a good place to learn.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 12d

Very nice Vitamin D, cant wait for mine to arrive from WA, this is killing me lol...

Yea I know how you feel mate. I had about 6 hours sleep over the 4 days leading up to getting mine :hang:

Now il find any excuse to drive it haha. Im keen to take it on a cruise and meet other people who enjoy it

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 12d

Im hearing you Vitamin D, the suspense is killing me lol,

You should look into coming on the Putty run on the 3rd of June mate. Have a gander in the cruise section if you havent already

• Member For: 12y 4m 6d

Hi guys, my name is Daniel and im from Perth, im brand new to turbo cars AND fords, been a Expensive Daewoo man all my life, still am but can appreciate a good car when I find one,

just bought a 2010 FG XR6T ex chaser from here in perth, just a stocker with the ZF 6 speed auto as my new daily, I have a WH Caprice (statesman) as my "fun" car that I've poured almost a years wages into :P

Ive been trawling through plenty of threads trying to learn as much as possible and so far its looking good to have an 11 sec daily with just a few simple mods.

• Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 4m 9d

hey everyone

Ben here. I've been eyeing off a turbo for a few years and have finally taken the plunge. picking up a 2012 FG Mk2 kinetic ute from Etheridge next week and driving it all the way back up to cairns.

Been reading around on the site for ages and have a pretty good idea of how far I wanna take the car mod wise, so I'll be hanging out for that warranty to run out!!