New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 14y 10m 9d

Hey baigo, buy a new 2009 xr6t, I just bought one (ute) and received a $5000 dollar incentive off the price because of delivery before 31st dec 09.

• Member For: 14y 10m 11d

Hi peoples just saying hi.......ive joined this forum to obtain info on how to reach 400rwkw on my bf phoon, im sitting on 350rwkw ATM

Mods are as follows:

Process West stage3 cooler and T/B relocation

P/W air box ( batery in the boot)

60lb injectors

o44 pump & swirl pot

CES dump and hiflow pussy (standard exhaust)

hell of a tune @17psi

STD zf6 (so far)

So who can help me spend money???? :beerchug:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 14d

hi all jus wonderin what would realistic dyno figures would be for bigger cooler ,exhaust,k&n filtter and capa tune on a ba xr6t

240 - 250 rwkw

• Member For: 15y 13d

I need the turbo for towing purposes, I tow a horse float with two horses which weighs around 2 ton. Think that may help?

You could have bought a turbo diesel, or even a standard xr6.

You don't NEED it for towing purposes at all. Chances are the xr6t would be alot less economical than MANY other non turbo cars anyway.

Sorry mate.. theres no hope in that one either.

You can always try. But they're going to use everything they possibly can to tell you why you don't need a turbo/high powered vehicle.

• Member For: 14y 10m 9d

Turbo diesel are far too expensive to buy AND service. My old man worked at ford for 30yrs so I bought the car with a discount and that's why ive bought the turbo, I got it for drive away price of $31000!!! I get off my P's in 5 months as well. I know full and well I could have bought a six. At the price I got this car it would have cost the same for a standard 6 due to the six thousand dollar incentive ford have on at the moment.

But on a lighter note thanks for your opinion.

• Member For: 15y 13d

Turbo diesel are far too expensive to buy AND service. My old man worked at ford for 30yrs so I bought the car with a discount and that's why ive bought the turbo, I got it for drive away price of $31000!!! I get off my P's in 5 months as well. I know full and well I could have bought a six. At the price I got this car it would have cost the same for a standard 6 due to the six thousand dollar incentive ford have on at the moment.

But on a lighter note thanks for your opinion.

$10000-$15000 for a turbo diesel. That's under $31,000. and it wont cost another $10,000 to service 5 months unless you blow a head and various other parts hahaha.

Oh you've only got 5months left? Well I woulda done the same thing as you :P

There is absolutely NO point applying for an exemption.

1) you wont get it.

2) IF by some act of god you DO, it will probably take those 5 months to process lol

Also: chances are you won't get done even if you do display P plates. My mate (same situation as you) has been through booze buses with his P plate down (xr6t also), been questioned about the P plates 'falling off', and the copper put it back on for him.

One cop then asked about driving turbos and the other cop goes "nah, its only red Ps that arent allowed turbo."

(power/weight ratio anyone?)

hahaha .. I guess he was pretty lucky.

You're almost on your fulls. Just drive carefully for a few months and you should be fine.