New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Congrats on the new ride, ull have to get some pics up once you pick it up! I had a skyline r33 before I had my XR6t and ive never looked back since I made the trade up :blink:

• Member For: 15y 2m 29d

Put down a deposit on one sight unseen from a Ford dealer. 24K change over on the road using my wifes old VS Late model camira as a trade. Couldn't wait for a 22K bargain I am not that patient, plus there don't seem to be that many out there.

If all goes well I should be driving home my black 07 with ZF six speed tomorrow. :innocent::buttrock:

• Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d

Hey Dazza, I started mods on my 07/07 BF ZF after 1500 km.

if I could have it again, I would just do CAI and panel filter,Injectors and a massive tune; and that would be it, I wouldn't do any thing else at all.

Except maybe upgrade the brakes, but that would be it.

Oh, I'd probably do the fuel pump as well, but no more.

Exhaust, maybe just the exhaust.

And; the wheels, I,d change the wheels to I think.

and then get it crawling on it's belly with some SSL's.

BUT that's IT!

Unless.

Unless I upgraded the Intercooler, Mmm, I,d probably do that too!

HELP!!!

What the hell is it with these beasts.

But I will say the Fuel economy is quiet good at 48 liters per/ 100 KM.

Cheers. :blink:

(Excuse me, do you know where they sell 98 RON, in this area.)

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 8m 28d
But I will say the Fuel economy is quiet good at 48 liters per/ 100 KM.

Really!

Is that staying off the boost?

Do you have shares in an oil company?

So what is your definition of poor fuel economy? 100 litres per /100 KM?

Just curious.

Brian

• Enforcer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 12d
Really!

Is that staying off the boost?

Do you have shares in an oil company?

So what is your definition of poor fuel economy? 100 litres per /100 KM?

Just curious.

Brian

Probably a bad choice, seems its my daily driver and I use it for work (Sales).

Keep in mind it's off boost for more than 60% of the day, so there are stages where I get do fuel economy but that is at the cost of exhilaration.

Mmm, 4 tanks a week; maybe I should flash the soft tune.............Nahh!!!!

Edited by lowfutura

• Member For: 15y 9m 15d
Definately a fantastic car.

I got an auto sedan in the ego colour. Black on black interior and bluetooth fitted aftermarket. 18" alloys.

I bought it under the friends of Ford promo so had to buy what was on the showroom floor. If I had the chance I would have got the premium sound just for the colour screen...

Run in on the expressway was my concern.. I basically varied the speed and punched it hard for the first 300k's then got sick of that and used cruise control for the next 1500k's. (on and off) That's what worries me.

Mate, top stuff!

In getting the bluetooth fitted aftermarket, did you also get the Ipod integration (they call it the technology pack I think). In either case and if you have sh*te loads of music, you wanna get yourself Ipod integration so that you can control your Ipod through the head unit rather than from the Ipod itself. You can off course get an FM transmitter to run your Ipod through an FM frequency - all depends what you are after.

As others have mentioned, I would not be concerned about the run in with the cruise control on / off. In a similar manner, I had a trip down to Sydney at xmas. The trip down so me running the motor in by changing between 5th / 6th gear (I got a manual) every 15 minutes.

Pictures look great too mate - enjoy.

Myself, I got the nitro colour, tinted windows, the silver on black interior and premium sound with technology pack. Even the wife & kids love the car - the kids (love em) call it a racing car! :stupid:

• Member For: 15y 3m 26d

Great car mate, can you post a new pic with the window tint? I pick up mine in late August from Brisbane. Black Luxury pack,Tech pack and Tint.

I just have reservations about the % tint I should get. The guy at Tint A Car said street legal is 35%. I have a vixen BA MKII with 15% and have never been pulled over for the tint. Tint a car has 17% available at my own risk. As long as a black car with dark tint isn't a cop magnet?? Any thoughts???