New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 15y 5m 29d

Yo guys!

Had my 2003 BA XR6t in Mecury Silver for 2 days. Going good!

The original owner said he deactivated/disconnect the alarm :blink: Because he hated the way it operated and it got annoying. So hopefully it's a simple matter of pluggin in a cable (I'm a complete car n00b).

I love my Loud Heavy Metal music so I definately need to upgrade the stock speakers/get some subs because it farts out at like 15 on the volume.

Otherwise f*cking awesome compared to my Old EB Falcon and the VW Caddy I was driving.

I really want to make sure I nurture this thing like an only son. hahah

Pics Next Sat when I get home.

Edited by poidaxr6t

• Member For: 15y 5m 22d

Hi guys,

I am new to the site and and a proud new onwer of an FG XR6T and lovin it, I have only done 1400 on kays on it and it is a rocket here are some picts of my new baby :).

I will be putting a sound system in it any suggestion would be nice.

post-34721-1238449285_thumb.jpg

post-34721-1238449375_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 15y 8m 19d

Hey all,

New and inspired to buy an XR6T after dissing the blue oval over Holden's Commodore (yeah, shoot me now).

Overall, turned to a Ford Falcon as tested a new FG only a week after lending an SS - I can't go back to the sh*tty Late model camira anymore!

• Member For: 15y 5m 20d

Hi all,

I've just joined up here, looks to be a heap of good info here.

I just got my 03 BA last night, haven't driven a ford for years.

I just stepped out of a vz sv6 company car and I've had commodores for years, I needed a change.

So far I am impressed although I have only done a couple of hours driving.

Still trying to work out all the functions, including the sat nav. The owners manual doesn't even mention anything about it.

I have got a heap of questions, but I will check out the search function first, the answers will most likely be there.

Cheers, Pat

• Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 17d

Hi All,

I'm about to get a Fg XR6T within the next 2 weeks! Have a ford demo model earmarked to order hopefully next week. Its 6spd man, Sensation, tech pack w satnav and tints. Am currently driving around in a FG XR6 ( rental car that work is paying for until they order my work car next week when my probabatonary period is over!!) which is not too bad. . I had a G6E as a rental for amonth also which I thought was pretty good but I like fast cars and haven't had a ford for a while. Was considering the XR8 but the turbo blew me away!! :gfight:

I'm a Expensive Daewoo man from years back and my stable of cars have included a 350chev statesman(HQ) , and GTR XU1 ( replica) , a XA GT Coupe( replica) as well cas a couple of commodores (VK & VS) and a laser, a 2004 WRX( loved the turbo just too small once I had kids), and now the 6L Calais( VZ) but I'm happy to look at any car and judge it on its merits and the new FG range is freaking good! If work would loosen the purse string a little more I'd go for the G6E Turbo but the XR will be fantastic! :blaah:

Will be sure to post some pics when I get my car! :fool:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Inactive Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 4d

G'day Folks,

As a previously unashamed bent 8 owner, I was recently lured over to the dark side when I traded my BA XR8 in on an FG XR6 Turbo ( shock, horror ). I can honestly say that I didn't know what I've been missing out on all these years as this thing is a missile. Just wondering if there are any other converts out there, and their impressions of these world class performance monsters....Cheers.

• Member For: 15y 11m 19d

Ive done the same thing as well but came over from the other side previously owning a Statesman. I really miss the instant torque, you just have to tap the throttle ever so slightly and the car lurches forwards. All good fun :rockon: Im happy with the xr6t, best decision to go with the 4.0l turbo. :beerchug: