New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Member For: 15y 8m 8d

hi every one just got my first xr6 turbo. 05 bf. have only had it bout 2 weeks but am loving every minute of it. only thing I miss is the handling of my evo 8 I got rid of to get this! xr6 way out shines the evo in every other aspect though. any advice you guys have bout mods and who to get them done by would be greatly appreciated. im on the sunshine coast in QLD and she's stock as a rock at the moment so keen to change that. Cheers

Chris

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 1m 8d

Welcome Chris,

I got out of a highly modified STi to get into my 05 BF XR6T :)

Mine's still stock to, but I don't plan on modifying this one too much (famous last words)

Paul.

• Member For: 15y 9m 3d

Hi, just thought I would do the friendly thing and say hello before I go asking all sorts of questions and being the awkward new guy haha :roflmbo:

I havnt bought a T yet but im in the process of looking at the moment and hope to find one in the next few weeks, any help would be much appreciated if any people know of good ones going for low 20's

Cheers

• Hey guys, Tab is here... Oh i feel sick
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 29d

there are plenty in that price range but do your research first so you know what to buy and what not to buy :roflmbo:

• Member For: 15y 8m 15d

Hi All,

Joined up last week when I decided it was time to buy an XR6 Turbo, and I must say you guys are a wealth of information and thanks very much for the great forum you have built.

Had my 5ltr AU S pack written off last week, was a sad day as the old girl had served me well in the 6 years that I owned it. But she's all forgotten about now and I took delivery of an '04 plated BA T in Phantom on Tuesday for $16k including on roads, pretty happy with the price (had to do a bit of negotiating down from the $18,990 ticket price). She an Ex-City council car with 91k on the clock and stock as a rock (well for now).

Here's a few pics :yes-sir:

Image002.jpg

Image005.jpg

Image006.jpg

She only needs a few things done, The grey inserts and stuff in the interior have a few scratches, but they are easily fixed, posted up yesterday on a howto if anyone wants to see before and after results of this.

And for some reason the idle has become very rough and sometime it's hard to start, and when it does, idles at about 250rpm and blows a bit of black smoke as if it's running really rich,usually worst after I have just filled the tank for some reason??

I have tried a few things that I have seen on the forum, such as the TPS reset, ECU reset, cleaned the throttle body and lubed the boost controller, but still the same. I have the dealer that I purchased from covering a Ford service next week, so I hope they can solve the problem.

Edited by BensXR6T

• Member For: 18y 4m 2d

Hi everyone - I guess I am not new to this site having been a member for a while but not been on the site or posted regularly - I was prompted by the email asking where I was (how nice is that) - I had a blue XR6t for four years and last year traded up to the fabulous F6 Typhoon (ego) - what a beauty.

I wouldnt mind putting some "go-faster" stripes - but I must admit that I also dont want to spoil the lines - are there any instances of "good" striping on the F6?