New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

I quite enjoy the lag from the bigger B series/F6 turbo, but for the street the 3576 is better.  GTX better yet again!

Would like a nice sounding V8 for cruising around though...would want to supercharge it though.  Noisy slow V8's cars are an embarrassment unless they are classic muscle :)

Welcome to the mad house!

• Like 1

• Member For: 8y 2m 11d

yeah my BA XR8 sounded like a V8 should sound, previous owner spent some money on the exhaust. Had quite a few other XR8 owners come up to me in car parks etc commenting on the sound and how they wanted theirs to sound like it.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 28d

Have heard some lovely XR8's over the years.  Just wish they had the performance to match.  Would have to have a Miami engine if I was buying modern :)

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 8y 19d

Hi Everyone!

Recently sold my R33 track car, as I have a young family now and it was kinda boring driving by myself, so Recently bought a 2004 MKII BA XR6T, originally came out of melbourne being built and tuned by Joe from CMS.

Currently makes 330kw and 1190nm on 17 psi/98 pump fuel, but have already bought a set of 1000cc injectors and walbro e85 in tank pump, and winding the wick right up on e85, in the same vain as APSPSI and the red Dyno-mite XR6, and run mid 10's and trap 130-mph, but still be a full family car that I drive whenever/where ever. Previous owner said the car dipped into the 11's on DR's as is, but couldn't find the timeslip.

That being said, Im super happy with it, can hang out with my family, but still cruise around and get my power fix.

_20%202.jpg

_20%201.jpg

Thanks for having me!

• Like 3

• Member For: 8y 19d

Thanks guys! I love the colour too.

im pretty damn happy with it, having something quiet, with leather, a/c and everything else is a nice change from stripped interiors, full cages and straight pipes etc. 

Goes pretty good too, can't wait to turn it up!

Best bit is the wife loves it too.

• Like 2

• skids
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 9m 24d

aww my car would blend in so well there while you're swapping the spare go fast bits on to mine...

and your neighbors will think it's you who ripped a ginormous skid as I'm leaving cause my car looks like one of yours.