New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 26d

U lost the ncw as soon as u flashed tuned man might as well go all out now

This! They love to inspect ECUs these days and read the flash increment counter/check the software version against national workshop records.

Enjoy the feeling of freedom now - mods here you come!

• Member For: 11y 2m 3d

Well cheers for the input everyone...

looks like new car warranty is up sh*t creek lol

I didnt buy off ebay, got it custom tuned to the car thank god now after hearing that.

I may as well go all out now then

Do it all

• 2 weeks later...
  • Member For: 11y 7m 23d

Hi guys recently just bought a second hand ba mk11 and pretty keen to get into some mods haha, Car has already had a few things done to it in the way of guages, muffler removed, turbo timer etc. not 100% sure if has been tuned as at full boost it indicates around 10psi so issume that it has.

I live near sydney so I am probably leaning toward autotech to do the tuning etc based on the good reports I have read about them on here

I want to install new injectors, intercooler, cold air intake maybe even some valve springs

do I need to get a flash tuner for autotech to tune it or can they just load the tune straight into the car

I am willing to install the parts myself but is it risky driving the car once all this has been installed without a tune

any tips/tricks on the best ways to use this site would be really appreciated as well

Thanks guys

• Member For: 11y 8m 13d

Hello guys,

I've made a few posts on these forums before, when I was still looking to purchase a car, but never introduced myself.

I purchased a 2004 XR6T last weekend and I've been loving it! It's completely stock (apart from the rims) and only has 126xxx KM on it. The interior was clean as... I'm actually still shocked at just how clean the whole car is, both inside and out.

Unlike most people that I've seen on these forums, I'm not looking to boost the performance of the car at all. I am happy with the performance, plus I'm a little scared at just how much petrol it goes through and would hate to imagine just how much a modified one would guzzle!

Until now I've been a Nissan man all my life. My previous ride was a 1990 Nissan Silvia with 168kw at the rear wheels. May not sound like much, but for a car of that size and weight it was pretty awesome, without costing a fortune to work on or run.

I live in Sydney. I guess the first thing I'll be doing to the car will be to install a separate cooler for the gearbox. I saw there was a guide on how to do this so I'll give it a go once I purchase the kit.

Cheers,

Sam

• All stock bar the k&n panel filter
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 7m 7d

G'day all,

Stumbled on this site a few years ago when I was thinking about buying a BA turbs so started doing some reading but never actually got around to buying a car. Well, I recently purchased a 2010 FG XR6T 50th Anniversary manual with 40,000kms on the clock. Has been one owner since new and he's fitted a "sports exhaust" to it (not sure which one at this stage, I only got the car the night before I had to fly up to site) a growler CAI and lowered it 1inch all round, but it hasn't been tuned yet. Keen to get into some mods. Literally only driven the car once since taking ownership (admittedly that one drive lasted most of the night haha) and have already ordered a Mal Woods short throw shifter and am looking into ordering some Mainlube gearbox oil to add in when installing the shifter. According to those who have done this it seems to make the gearbox feel much nicer than stock. First round of mods will probably be valve springs, injectors, cooler and a tune.

Loving the car though, first performance car I've owned so it's nice to drive something exciting :drivingalong:

• Like 1