New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 23d

NO the post above you from pjmt62 says COP!!!

Cool Process West or PWR

id 1000 injectors

CAT - not sure

Air - Streetfighter made by KPM motorsports

Everyone is different on what brands they go for its up to you and price. You'll need to retune the car once all mod are complete.

Someone else might come up with something better or a different list of mods. Good luck and enjoy the car.

• Expert
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 7m 23d

No probs mate looking somewhere around the 4-5k

Just missed out on a good group buy on the PW step cooler stage 1 don't worry I did to..........no $$$

Edited by ANGEL#3

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

Yeah and was it a custom flash tune with the Xcal 3 or an eBay jobby?

If eBay you're gonna be regretting losing NCW soon enough..

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 6m 13d

Now there's a couple of important facts for ALL new owners and forum members.........

1. DO NOT buy a flash tuner from fleebay or gumbush - may not be the correct 1 for your vehicle

2. New Car Warrenty (in 'most' cases) will be void if you do the above and put a flash tune into your car.

sapy44, have a good read through the 300+ and 400+ sections of the forum and you'll learn so much about the best way to do what you want with the car but IMO, the best thing to do is to find and get to know a tuner close to you and listen to what they have to say about modding your car.

• Member For: 11y 8m 10d

G'Day Sappy

let me know how you go with the research on NOT LOOSING your NCW with Mods and up grades as I'm in the same position and want to get to the balance of Money V Power V Econnomy. I was told by my tuner that if I put in the flash tuner I would void the NCW and the only thing I could do to get a start on the MvPvE was a K&N air filter system.

• To Loud
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 20d

As soon as you flash the ecu with the xcal3, your NCW on the driveline is out the door. FORD can tell when the ecu has been messed with by doing a checksum.

The fact that your car has a xcal tune means you do not have the NCW and you may as well go all out and mod the car as mentioned before sappy.Normally when changing things like the Cat, injectors, inter cooler and CAI, requires a tune. A tune requiresman xcal to flash the ecu. This means your NCW is out the door for the driveline.

I should be getting a tune in a couple of months.

Process west stage 2 inter cooler.

ID1000 injectors.

High flow 5" 100 cell cat.

The xcal3 plus tune.

Aeroflow short shifter as I have a manual. This does not increase performance.

This should see the car into the 300+ club hopefully.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

G'Day Sappy

let me know how you go with the research on NOT LOOSING your NCW with Mods and up grades as I'm in the same position and want to get to the balance of Money V Power V Econnomy. I was told by my tuner that if I put in the flash tuner I would void the NCW and the only thing I could do to get a start on the MvPvE was a K&N air filter system.

You can also do a catback exhaust.. And lower it etc..

You still void warranty but only on the components effected by the aftermarket parts..

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 11y 2m 14d

Not sure if to go the stainless or mild x-force exhaust for the fg. It's going to be a 4inch and the price difference is about 700 to 800 bucks.

I'm only going to go as far as the little snail will give me no intentions to change it.

So some advice would be good.

Is it worth it for the 7 or 8 hundred more.

Shouldn't have to much of a power difference. Going to get one in a week or two. So I want your advice guys. Any help?