New Members Thread

Guest LionHeart

How did you hear about FordXR6Turbo.Com  

1,885 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 7m 18d

hello.

my name is ash and I'm an car-a-holic..

just bought a brand new 2010 XR6T on tuesday and I'll be picking it up either tomorrow or monday.

I've been trolling for a little while and I must say that this forum has a LOT of useful information... :pooh:

I'm 25yrs old and from brissie... number plate is FAR51, so if you see me around, beep/wave and I'll stare at you with the "who the fark are you" look... :roflmbo:

car history:

1990 Toyota Corolla Seca with a 4age 20v (2002)

2001 Subaru Impreza WRX (2005)

2006 Honda Accord Euro Luxury (2007)

1990 Nissan Silvia with a RB20DET (2007)

2008 Toyota TRD Aurion 3500SL (2008)

2010 Ford Falcon XR6T (2010)

only reason I sold the trd was because its sooooooo hard to modify it. everything has to be custom made (read: EXPENSIVE) and the end result is not worth the money spent.. :(

apart from that, its a great car standard...

anyway, excuse me if I ask some stupid questions, as I am new to fords... I shouldnt have to though, because there seems to be a lot of info on here already..

I dont really understand the purpose behind the "dose pipe", but I laugh at all the responses to the questions about how to get one for the car! :roflmbo:

cya

ash.

Edited by SecaBoy

• Member For: 14y 5m 26d

Gday Everyone, Had my turbo for about 5 months now and been getting heaps of info and ideas from here for a little while now.

I was on the campbelltown to mac pass cruise so some of you may have seen the car but here it is anyway.

04 Vibe XR6T 4spd auto, Only mods are stereo upgrade (all polk gear) and f6 intake + K&N filter. And lots of hours cleaning and polishing....

gdvibe.jpg

Edited by GoodVibe

• Member For: 16y 4m 15d

Hi, my name is BOB and im an alcoholic.

Not really, but seirously now, I never even seen this thread till now.

Hi im Aaron, from adelaide. Been a casual member for ages, dont post much. I owned a BA turbs from the time I was 18, paid 27 grand for it. Had sunroof prem sound all good options, had it for a while, trashed it. Traded up to a FG turbo ute. First brand new car, signed for it at xmas. Was ment to arrive on my 21st but I got it in march which is a bit earlyer than expected.

Only regret is that I didnt buy a ute first time round.

• Member For: 14y 2m 8d

Hey guys

Names Rob, 20y.o, live in the Sutherland Shire. Been a member of AFF for a while now, don't really post there much anymore.

Owned a EB XR6 5 Speed, EL XR6 5 speed, BA XR6 5 speed, 180SX (haha), and currently carless till August, I have a brand spanking FG XR6 Turbo Ute on order, so thought it would be appropriate to join the XR6 Turbo forums and get active!

Any other Shire guys around here? I'm based in Illawong but the whole area is all good (ready for Shire bashing time) haha.

Edit - forgot this was a national forum, Sutherland Shire is in Sydney NSW

Edited by rob666

• BOOST
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 21y 16d

Welcome and congrats with the new car. We do plenty of night runs/cruises from the shire. Bionicxr6t lives there also and organises cruises.

What colour yoot ya getting

• Member For: 14y 2m 8d

Just going for Silhouette. Bitch to keep clean but none of the other colours were my bag. I would've gotten Dash but it wasn't available for my model (50th Anniversary) which is a shame. Black still looks great but.

• Member For: 14y 2m 3d

Yup. That's why I bought my 05 BF auto in black. 6 speed auto and leather trim. Very nice. Bought it as a hail damaged car over here in WA so reasonably cheap and easy for me to fix up (ex panelbeater).

Now to decide on what mods....

Edited by RHR
No need to quote above post. USE FAST REPLY

• Member For: 14y 1m 26d

Hi guys. I'm Ivan. I haven't bought an xr6 turbo, but I definately am in the market for one. I just have to fix my Hyundai and sell it. The moment I do, I will by one. I was umming and areing about an xr6 or a turbo, and the insurance has sold me. Shannons quoted me a price that I couldn't refuse. So, in hopefully about a months time I will be a proud owner of a XR6T. The things I plan to do to it is get a flash tuner for it, and an external oil filter for the turbo.