HID Lights

Dillz

• Member For: 14y 2m 5d

Kit arrive at work today. Installed the h4's and h11's when I got home.

Had a couple of issues installing them

- The power cable connected to the left H4 was a bugger to get off and whilst attempting to pull it off, the ring and clip that holds the light in came off. Managed to get it back in after some fiddling around. Had to stick a flat head screw driver between the pins and the connector and use it as a wedge to disconnect them.

- Left H11 was a bastard to get in, purely because of the water bottle stored there.

- Broke a clip of each H11 trying to get them in. They still hold in firmly, so not to fussed about it

Just used double sided tape to mount the H11 ballast in the front bar, have not yet mounted the H4 ballast, but only tucked them in behind the light. Will look in to a more secure fitting soon haha.

Also realised one of my parkers was out, have news ones on the way as well as Phillips Diamond Vision H7's.

Added a few pics of the kit and install. Note I took of the airbox off, this is not neccessary, but I had to due to the stubborn connector. Tried to take some more pics now, but the lights are giving me to much glare on the phone camera.

post-41333-0-32929200-1329988579_thumb.j

post-41333-0-96654500-1329988596_thumb.j

post-41333-0-35343800-1329988612_thumb.j

post-41333-0-99172900-1329988625_thumb.j

Edited by Goliath

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 26d

they look good mate, what K temperture did you go with?

did you have trouble getting the clips off the back of the globes because they have a little button thing on them you have to press first!

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 19d

Looks good mate, my h4's were an absolute pain to get off as well! I mounted my ballasts horizontally on the metal bar behind the headlight. I used Velcro for the h11 ballasts, they haven't got too far to fall anyway! And I also took my battery and airbox out but it was necessary for the h7's.

they look good mate, what K temperture did you go with?

did you have trouble getting the clips off the back of the globes because they have a little button thing on them you have to press first!

Went with the 6000k for both. Fogs seem to have more blue in them. Don't think the H4 have clips on them? the drivers side one came out no worries.

very nice on the silver colour! looks the goods mate :spoton:

Thanks a lot mate. Will have to check the allignment some time tonight to make sure I don't blind to many people, haha.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 30d

Maybe because the in the headlights it 'bounces' around more before it projects out? where as the fog lights its more direct? I dunno just a guess..

Looks good Goliath, as the others have said suits the colour of the car great..

Cant wait to get my fogs done..

Thanks for the comments guys. I'm liking the new look quite a bit, mixes in heaps well. Will be looking into tinting the rears within the next few weeks (hopefully)

As for the parkers, how do you change those bulbs out? Does the whole socket come out where you connect the power to the park light? Don't want to snap something off haha