HID Lights

Dillz

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 21d

so im going to get the h4 hi/lo phillips 6000k HID as linked at the top of the previous page

however I see they also do h3 phillips HID 6000k for the foggies....anybody got these??? Obviously they arent the cheapest but just wondering how people find them :)

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 24d

Dre spoke about Philips hid's. Good quality n good lights. Someone quote his reply..

Keith has Philips hid's in his car atm. Can't talk bad about them

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5m 10d

You're dead-right, Shyfrd. They are definitely of a reputable quality.

It is much the same to talk about intercooler kits in the same fashion, process west and plazmaman have great reputations for quality of service and quality of product, but if you choose something like a Rapid kit, you're paying less... I suppose it does apply to HID's that you can pay less and hope for just as good quality of HID (now that I re-read that, it doesnt sound similar at all... lol, but still, the analogy stands!)

Foonin, as for the foggies, it is a little more of a challenge to install and mount the ballasts, but they are equally better over the standard halogen's as compared to your HID's over your standard low-beam. So if you want the same look and light output, then the HID for the foggies is worth it as well. But I don't ever use my foggies, as I already attract enough attention from the boys in blue as it is, one more thing externally that I can actually be easily be booked for is enough to not ever use them unless strictly necessary.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

Lol I get what you mean. You pay less hoping for as good quality as the top of the range, expensive ones cost. I'll be getting Philips for the next car. Probably just sell this car with the HID's (H4 hi/lo that are installed and the H7 foggies that aren't installed..unless someone wants them cheap? Brand new, never been used.), may or may not tell them lol. If they're smart enough to ask what globes I have from the pics, I'll tell them hahah.

Yeh use of foggies is just asking for it. Know enough people from down this way that's been pulled over for them. My sister for example, in a bloody stock as a rock Focus ffs. Cops like "I just saved you $160." While he pushed the button to turn them off. And that's in Geelong, not Melbourne where cops can be real pain in the arses.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members

I know there was a member on here, possibly Dre, that bought some 120 LED fog lights off eBay. Ended up melting off and sitting in the glass enclosure where the globe sits. So I'd avoid them lol

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 4m 21d

poor barst3ds..feel for you guys big time.... what you need are kiwi cops lol I was caught doing 125km in a 100km zone, the cop didnt even check my license or anything and no ticket..he just thought I passed someone...poor aussies hehe

we have such relaxed rules here, as long as your not doing stupid crap they will mostly leave you alone...BUT they do pay alot of attention to those ricers hehe

the HID for the foggies are expensive but Im sure they would look pretty good, I use my fogs alot...not for fog though more as a park light....installation might be difficult..

Edited by FOONIN

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 12d

here are the 6000k hi/low HID, 5000K phillips HI Globes, 9 smd led parkers and 27 smd led foggies. After adjusting the hi/low down a touch im pretty happy with how everything looks and works except the foggies arent very bright as I suspected but I never use them anyway as coppers around here love handing out fines for them which is total bullsh*t.

And if anyone is wondering how to adjust the hi/low their are 2 allen key sockets on the back of the light the inside socket does in/out and the ouside socket does up/down

post-32870-0-08160100-1334538144_thumb.j