Fg Turbo Ute Had A Noisy Diff

baxr6ute

• Member For: 17y 17d

I have a 08 Turbo ute with 40k on it,,,, in the last 12mths it had been making a hell of a racket in the diff,,taken to ford as usual cant find or hear any thing....Syptoms clungs and shuddering when at round abouts and only when car is doing around 5kph and when towing my PWC,,,My brother has a 2010 ute with 20k on it and it was stating to make some noises aswell....As he is in the motor industry spoke to a Penrite rep and he mentioned that the Oil ford use is crap,,,spent $57 on some synthedic oil (excuse the spelling) and I can not believe how quiet it is now...And even after having a lap at the local Street meet yesterday...

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 11d

I changed mine at 30 000.

it was soo black it wasnt funny. I did it for peice of mind as it wasnt making any noises. but I was told to do it regardless.

glad I did, hope putting some full synthetic in will avoid any probs in the future.

• 1 year later...
  • Member For: 10y 10m 20d

I have a xr6t ute 03 model I have had since new and the diff started making noises at low speed mainly when on uphill left hand turning after a few years of owning it.My friend was convinced I should change the oil so I took it around to his house with the oil and we changed it.What he did was jack the car up at the back as high as the jack would go to get as much oil in as possibal as he insists that service centres and ford itself on fill them on the hoists when level and dont get enough oil in.It fixed it and never had a problem with it again until this year when I got slack and asked the mechanic to replace the oil for me and within a month or so I started to hear noises again! Ive been slack again and havent done it myself yet but will do it again myself and hopefully should fix the noise again.

• 3 weeks later...