F6 Trim

Sundeep

• Member For: 15y 6m 4d

Has anyone else noticed that FPV/Ford used 2 types of leather and suede on the F6 seats from BA-BF2? One type of leather is soft and thick to the touch, the other is hard with a flatter pattern. The suede also comes in 2 types, a greeny grey and normal grey. As demonstrated in the pictures, sometimes they used both types of suede on the one seat lol, but the whole interior is the one type of leather normally (from what I've seen).

I've had a few F6's over the years, and yea this one's really got me.

e087d05c.jpg

^^ Softer / Thicker feeling leather. Upper right bolstering has grey suede, lower bolstering has greeny grey suede.

58470a93.jpg

^^ Harder leather with a flatter more grainy pattern. All bolstering suede is the grey grey.

Just to add, those 2 seats are from 2 different BF2 F6's, only built months apart. The suede IS NOT faded, as it is the same colour in parts of the seat not exposed to sunlight or ass contact. Same with the leather from what I've seen

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 24d

Probably just another example of Ford shopping around for the cheapest gear they can find at the time? Quality or consistency come second.

• Like 1

Yeah guess so, but it's not like they started out with one type then went to the other, they were chopping and changing back and forth.

Edited by Sundeep

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 25d

its just manufactoring industry

as you make something, the price of that may go up after some time, then the company will seek another similar product cheaper then start using that.

everyone does it