Changing Front Springs And Shocks To Stock

hardcore

• Member For: 16y 5m 11d

Hi Guys,

I am going to replace my lowered springs and shocks in my bf mk2 with standards. Will I need a spring compressor to do this if I follow the guide that is pinned in this section?

Can it be done without or is it worth buying one even if I will onyl use it once?

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 7d

What do your stock springs look like? Some are easy to compress yourself, but the ones in my bf2 wouldn't compress sfa with a normal spring compressor.

They had heaps more coils than BA ones I have.

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 7d

^^

That

But some autobarn jobbies aren't good enough was the point I was trying to make.

• Member For: 19y 2m 9d

Ba/Bf front springs are not easy or safe to compress without the correct type of compressor tool. We use a Bremick wall-mounted unit that cost heaps but is very safe even for long and strong coil springs. Safest way if you dont have an appropriate spring compressor is just take the strut and standard spring and get a suspension place to swap them over for you. Its then a simple task to re-fit the strut back into your car. Rears are fine, fronts are dangerous if you are ill-equipped and maybe a bit inexperienced. Not trying to criticise you, but just be really careful if you give it a go yourself as there is lots of stored energy in that strut. Hate to hear of anyone getting hurt doing that job.

• Member For: 16y 5m 11d

I have attached the picture of what I will be installing, By the looks of things Is the strut and it will just be a task of swapping no compressor required? I can just take out the lowered one as a whole and then swap with this?

• Moar Powar Babeh
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 19y 4d

I have attached the picture of what I will be installing,

No you havent....... :)

If your buying complete struts they are very easy too change.

As cobra mentioned, don't bother with compressors if your swapping springs get a suspension shop too do it.