Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5m 6d

yeah, fair enough if next week is deload that you wanted to finish it off... I have pushed through illness at the gym before but I don't think I'll do it again, just use it as an excuse to do a deload week haha.

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 7m 18d

Yeah man it's not ideal and if I had another week left I would have just gone straight to deload or active rest, aka fark all.

Haha time for a rest :sleepystuff:

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 5m 6d

Great progress :)

You've shown there one of the downsides for females with losing weight and gaining muscle; The breast fats disappear and appear as muscle protein elsewhere. 

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3d

downsides? 
As someone who has lived with the crippling back pain associated with large bresticles since I was 15, I can confirm in my opinion this is a huge benefit! 
I have legitimately put this is one of my top wins out of the whole process.

I play various sports now and it’s sensational to not be in pain from heavy chestedness and also have some additional movement agility abilities which I haven’t had before.

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo
  • Like 1

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 3d
On 5/9/2023 at 10:17 AM, k31th said:

Obviously it's not a downside for you; that's an even better result, then :)

I do think it’s particularly interesting though that this was your initial take. 

It aligns with certain reactions I’ve had from people I know. Something I’ve found super interesting is the shift in people’s perceptions of me and their “willingness” to comment on my body (not obviously when I post images as that’s welcoming commentary, but when I’m just going about my day). 

I am by far treated way better by people in general now I’m thinner. Girls in shops insist on being lovely instead of ignoring me, my hairdresser and lash tech all ask me to have photos done for their socials, constant comments on how nice my outfits are or compliments in general, men treat me far better in general… but… people comment A LOT on my appearance or training/eating habits unsolicitedly. 

In the last week alone I’ve had three people comment on what I was eating (not enough, complaining I wasn’t eating the garbage lunch they all had, or just about my protein based diet). I’ve been told I’m too thin, I’m getting too muscly and men don’t like that… and the list goes on. 

I’m eating and fueling my body arguably better than anyone I know currently in terms of macronutrient balance and vitamins and minerals. I lost all my weight naturally by relearning skills around moderation and discipline as well as fixing my negative relationship with food. I’ve got the best cardio vascular performance of my adult life, my muscle percentage is extremely high and my body fat is fairly low (aiming for additional fat loss still but within female health tolerance levels), but people seem to think that not drinking alcohol, eating healthy and watching your intake is absurd and you’re the weird one because you don’t want hungry jacks in the office for lunch with your coworkers and would rather eat your packed lunch or because you order a soda water instead of a beer at the pub after work. 

I find it so presumptuous that people assume you are modifying your body, in any fashion (body building, tattoos, hair, etc) for the benefit of others or their judgement or to be found attractive. 

I started this journey with a health focus around my illness and the same motive remains where my illness is my primary motivator for being strong and fit… but… I have grown a love and passion for body building at the same time. 

My nutrition, training routine, daily habits and supplementation/vitamin routine  is all oriented around achieving a body builders physique. I am completely aware this isn’t everyone’s “cup of tea” and that has zero effect on my motivation and goals but others perceive it to be an issue/less attractive/desirable… which made me giggle slightly reading your comment and assumption that “losing breast fats” was a negative when it was actually intentional on my behalf. it’s made me realise during the last few months just how ill informed people are around the sport of body building and also how cavalier people can be around commenting or assuming when they perceive it to be not offensive because the person isn’t “fat” or they’re fit/muscly so they must be fine with others commenting on their body/lifestyle and it’s up for public discussion. 

TLDR- when you’re skinny the world treats you way better, but everyone feels they have licence to tell you what you should be doing/eating and judges you for having a health/physique focus. 

• Like 4