Weight Training For Beginners

Kv!

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 5d
12 hours ago, k31th said:

@Mrs Jeturbo, what's your bulk calories if 1900-2200 is a cut 😮 

At the moment maintenance is about 3000-3500 it seems… that keeping in mind I’m doing 1-1.5hours strength, 45 mins cardio then second cardio session of 45-1hr at night and getting in 20,000 steps a day.

4,500 cals I didn’t see any significant weight gain, around 1kg over 8 weeks but a couple days low carb and I dropped the scale weight so I’m assuming that was carb and food bloat I was carrying. 

over that period of more food I was doing a lot of strength and cardio too so it’s kinda hard to tell at the moment but I’ve definitely put on a fair bit of muscle and still losing fat.

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 5d

Thanks Puff! ♥️

Body building is now something I’m actively doing I guess… but also I don’t have a specific competition in mind or even know if I want to compete… but there are a few transformation divisions which I have been told I’d probably do very well in. 🥰

But it’s a time thing I guess, just see where I can get to… ultimately a wellness or figure physique is what I’d love to get to one day. 

I have some pretty dramatic physique progress photos which show a lot but they’re not really forum appropriate lol 

Edited by Mrs Jeturbo

• less WHY; more WOT
  • Site Developer
  • Member For: 16y 6m 8d

if it's about bodybuilding, e.g. physique changes, then why not? it's weight lifting etc which qualifies for this thread... if it's OK for IG, it's probably OK for here, too haha... plus, you can always "blur" the bits you don't want to show, if it's that sort of problem

• 2 weeks later...
  • Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Haha itt keef talking fluff into posting nudes :stirthepot:

In other news I'm taking a break from lifting. A week off isn't enough to get rid of all the niggles so longer it will be. It's only been a couple of weeks and I feel kinda slack but then my sore bits remind me that it's ok to take a break.

What I am happy about is I squished my hand dyno up to 87kg just now. It maxes out at 90kg so not far to go. Farken took some effort though lol.

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 4y 6m 8d
7 hours ago, Puffwagon said:

Haha itt keef talking fluff into posting nudes :stirthepot:

🤣🤣🤣

Those dam niggles can take a bit of time to get rid of. I work on the risk versus reward principle, more so now that I'm getting into the old fart realm, no more 1 rep max or training in the 3 - 6 range, for me that's when the injuries start to raise their ugly head or old niggles decide they want to re appear.

I've found if I go lighter for more reps, generally 8 - 15 depending on the exercise I tend not to get injured to often at all now, but hey I'm not training for massive size either, just happy to keep what I've got and maybe make some gainz from time to time...

• Like 1

• Puff
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 9y 8m 18d

Yerp I had a sore elbow from helping myself up when my hammy was torn and it needed some time to recover lol. Other than that everything is great....well after eating all of the halloween lollies my foot got sore but that's nearly good again.