rapt

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Member For: 21y 2m 2d

I took mine in a few months back, both the back ones had massive rips through the tread from one side to the other!!

Ford rejected the warretny claim, they claimed I run over the same thing twice with both tyres!!!! These tyres are now no longer existant as they turned into a cloud of smoke!!

I fitted two more now dunlops at 240 bucks each, and AGAIN, ONE HAS SPLIT, from one side to the other, took it back AFTER 200KM that's RIGHT 200 KM!!!! and got rejected AGAIN!!!!! This time it was a goodyear dealer not ford!! I was pretty bloody F%^cked OFF.

I noticed the splits in the tyres at 7000km, and I took them to 12000km without any trouble, I also dragged on them and many burnouts, they never let go until they turned into a nice cloud of white smoke!!

If everyone else is getting theres replaced, then im going to go demand that mine do to!!!

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 26d

That's exactly the same problem as me! My dealer has current got another XR with the same tyre problem being reviewed by dunlop/ford. If that claim is approved they will replace my tyres aswell.

• 6 months later...
  • Member For: 20y 11m 10d

I noticed a split on one of my rear tyes It goes from one side of the tred to the other. Local Ford dealer didn't even look at it they told me to go and show the local tyre service. Tyre guy tells me it needs to be replaced. But if I have it replaced by Dunlop it is pro-rata replacement.

So I went back to the Ford dealer and asked for it to be replaced as my warranty clearly states that tyre are covered for the warranty period. They seem to want to argue this point.

I was just wanting to know if anyone else has had any luck with this type of claim?

post-2699-1105069950_thumb.jpg

• Member For: 20y 2m 10d

Ive just had my SP3000s replaced with Fulda's, a German tyre s'posedly good for 45000Ks with nitrogen inflation. went in for 2 as they were fried on the rear and was shown the fronts complete with cuts. :crybaby: I now have 4 new tyres. I'll be checking with ford as to warranty, thanks all for the tips.

Regards,

Hamo

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 8m 21d
I noticed a split on one of my rear tyes It goes from one side of the tred to the other. Local Ford dealer didn't even look at it they told me to go and show the local tyre service. Tyre guy tells me it needs to be replaced. But if I have it replaced by Dunlop it is pro-rata replacement.

So I went back to the Ford dealer and asked for it to be replaced as my warranty clearly states that tyre are covered for the warranty period. They seem to want to argue this point.

I was just wanting to know if anyone else has had any luck with this type of claim?

I have the same as you on three tyres... took it to ford and they said its from hard take offs..... on the front wheel??? yeah mate they are from hard take offs... hard take offs my a$$ :blush: they also said there is no recall or anything of the like on the sp 3000's :nono:

will now go back and tell them to read the TSB!!

• Member For: 20y 11m 10d

I got word back from my Ford serviceman today. After several phone calls to various people from Ford the service manager was told that tyres are covered by Ford Warranty. :spoton:

At the end of the day this was a good result, but it took a week and it should have taken five minutes. :spoton:

Its not good that I the customer has to be the one who educates the survice manager.

Don't be fooled by Lazy or uninformed Dealerships when it comes to tyre claims.