No Boost ? Turbo Dead? Looking For Some Help

smXR6

• Member For: 16y 1m 21d

hey guys

on the way home from the missus house this morning all was good , then took off at the lights nothing stupid just a light bit of throttle and was all good then it sorta lagged and then no boost at all , just like driving a n/a xr6 u can hear a whine coming from the turbo sorta like the wheel is still spinning just no boost , I pulled over and had a quick look but couldnt really see anything major , I no this has prob happened to others so just after some advice is it a simple fix or has the turbo gone ? what should I be looking at loose hose or something wrong with actuator ?

cheers for any advice

scott

• Member For: 18y 3m 26d

Check the obvious like a pipe that has come off or split a joiner etc, next would be to check the wastegate is actually closed, I have seen some that the flapper will catch and hold open or even the actuator rod has come off the flapper arm allowing the flapper to open by itself

All good now , found one of the cooler pipes just slightly off , also found one of the turbo mount studs had completely come out and was sitting on the engine mount haha

• Member For: 18y 3m 26d

doesn't take much does it?

check your turbo bolts every service and you will normally catch them while they are loose rather than after they have fallen out.

glad it was something simple

Your not joking couldnt even see that it was off . I was use to nissans when they blow a pipe the car runs like sh*t

Yer by the looks of the stud and nut when they did the port job they never put it back in properly