Fg F6 Mk2

revhead_71

• Member For: 16y 8m 4d

The wheels you see are what you get there will be no option, apparently they had a bit of a backlash when they dropped the dark argents so have brought these back as standard.

OMG... LOL

So throwing in what were previously options (floor matts, reverse camera) with minimal changes to headlights (why I don't know) and larger display qualifies the car as a MKII...? If I was a FG owner I'd be pretty pissed off with Ford for just depreciating my car for really no reason at all - unless of course there's a FG MKII upgrade (yer right). Unbelievable.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 16d

Like Bunna did, I'd go looking for a last run series one if looking to buy now. That's disappointing to say, but not enough changes to justify the 'upgrade' for the coin IMO.

• Donating Members

I actually think the 'lack of' changes might help resale of series one F6's TBH. If it had mojor changes it would date it. Doesn't get away form the fact that they don't appear to have put much work/thought into it though.

Edited by Bomber

• Member For: 16y 8m 4d

I actually think the 'lack of' changes might help resale of series one F6's TBH. If it had mojor changes it would date it. Doesn't get away form the fact that they don't appear to have put much work/thought into it though.

Hey you could be right but usually a model update will kill depreciation of it's predecessor. Anyone buying a new one will want the new model, even though it's minimal. Really unfortunate considering it really isn't an upgrade. Unbelievable. ... and all the BF owners who were holding out for some "average" looks will probably skip the entire generation now and wait for the next one (if there is one).

Edited by MADF6

• Donating Members

Just hang onto the B series mate.

IMO, the FG F6 is a fantastic looking car. Some seem to forget how much good gear went into the FG also.

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 2d

your right bomber, the FG is miles ahead from the BF, and does have some good gear in it.

it already has the performance, looks etc etc.

so the question is how do you improve? more standard gear? more performance? where does it end?

maybe they are saving it fo the next model change? this is going to be interesting from here on.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

New rear end that isolates the noise would have been nice.

A lower sitting drivers seat would have been nice.

A decent stereo option....

Would have been happy with just a new rear end

• Member For: 13y 15d

They could've at least gone to a wider rear tyre. Works for HSV. And the fact that the fpv mats were an option iin the first place is a joke. They look like they're worth all of 30 bucks.

I reckon the upgrade should've included;

- Stereo upgrade and/or optional roof-mounted DVD screens/players as a multimedia package.

- Black headlining. Creamm looks cheap and yuck.

- More modernised gauge cluster.

All of those are small but noteworthy changes that could've made the FG FPV's at least feel more like the 60-80k car that they are. HSV's just feel like a more. complete package to me.

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 7d

A factory sunroof option would have been good too. Just saw an F6 in Hallam with a sunroof and now I want one!