E85

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 5m 13d

Hey guys just thought id give you all a heads up!! there is an interesting article in zoom magazine regarding "E85 oil contamination" and how using E85 shows short and long term effects it has on the oil that you are using and your engine,dont know if anyone has read it yet...... scary stuff (my opinion) my car is getting serviced tomorrow so ill have a chat with Dion see what he reckons

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 29d

Hey guys just thought id give you all a heads up!!   there is an interesting article in zoom magazine regarding "E85 oil contamination" and how using E85 shows short and long term effects it has on the oil that you are using and your engine,dont know if anyone has read it yet...... scary stuff (my opinion) my car is getting serviced tomorrow so ill have a chat with Dion see what he reckons

is it really an issue for those that clock up a fair few kays quickly or those that change the oil way more often than required?

• Like 2

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 3d

Hey guys just thought id give you all a heads up!! there is an interesting article in zoom magazine regarding "E85 oil contamination" and how using E85 shows short and long term effects it has on the oil that you are using and your engine,dont know if anyone has read it yet...... scary stuff (my opinion) my car is getting serviced tomorrow so ill have a chat with Dion see what he reckons

If your worried keep a sample and send it off to a lab to get tested, also depends on how often you change your oil.

The contamination is just the absorbtion of moisture.

Flex cars in the states used to use different oils a couple of years ago but now manufacturers recommend the same oil as they would recommend for petrol but shorter service intervals.

Edited by rednose

• Skids?
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 12d

Not that hard to mix if you run 50/50, how hard is it to put 30L of premium and 30 litres of ethanol.

The United stuff is pretty consistent and even if it is 3-4% out it aint gonna make much difference.

Mixing is a good way of getting the most out of those who have smaller injectors like Dekka 60's

Correct!

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 18d

Not that hard to mix if you run 50/50, how hard is it to put 30L of premium and 30 litres of ethanol.

The United stuff is pretty consistent and even if it is 3-4% out it aint gonna make much difference.

Mixing is a good way of getting the most out of those who have smaller injectors like Dekka 60's

yep not that hard is it , but I remember not that long ago trying to spell it out for some members on here and it was like pulling teeth, I only ever try to help others from my experiances first hand not from what ive heard from a mates mate. but as my sig says ...............................

for anyone who can work it out 60lb dekas will go low/mid 400's on any dyno with a mix and one 044

• Like 1

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 8d
Amsoil AMO 10W40, no problem with Ethanol or Methanol, very high amount of Zinc and a high TBN.

I run Brad Penn which is very high in zinc high enough to even suggest that you don't use in cars with catalytic converters. Not to sure about its TBN rating