E85

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 1d

Not currently.

I have seriously considered it. Injectors and fuel pump and remap are easy.

I'm already running Ecutek. Check the link below to see what is possible. In the Ford world we are really starved of features.

ref http://www.nagtroc.o...kage-available/

On the R35 you can dynamically flip a switch to change between 98 & E85 maps.

Brian

Any reason why Ecuteck hasn't brought out anything for ford? Too small of market?

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 24d

They have focused on Japanese sourced vehicles.

I suppose that has kept them busy enough, but I don't really know. However, they are based in the U.K!

Cobb tuning is another company that does great stuff, based in the U.S. Strangely, it also focuses on Japanese vehicles, plus BMW.

You'd think they at least try to compete with SCT.

With our Fords making power is easy; with E85 it is easier... yet progress on the ecu front is stagnant.

Brian

• Like 2

• Member For: 18y 4m 16d

Not currently.

I have seriously considered it. Injectors and fuel pump and remap are easy.

I'm already running Ecutek. Check the link below to see what is possible. In the Ford world we are really starved of features.

ref http://www.nagtroc.o...kage-available/

On the R35 you can dynamically flip a switch to change between 98 & E85 maps.

Brian

I have E85 in my GTR...made 60kw more over 98 without increasing the boost...love the stuff.

I can switch between the 98 map and E85 map with the cruise control buttons in conjuction with the boost gauge on the screen

• Like 2

• Member For: 12y 7m 23d

Veva are you going back to CHE for a run with a new Fuel Filter and fixed Boost Leak? Im curious now to see the outcome and if that was holding you back 30+ killawasps..

all this e85 chat makes me sad I live over 600km from the nearest pump :(

Im hearing ya!

Veva, are you going back to CHE for another power run with a New Fuel Filter and Boost Leak sorted? Im very keen to see the outcome and if it was holding you back 30+ Killawasps..

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 8d

Yeah will go back to CHE but not sure if I can get there again this week. I do my hills district customers every 2 weeks and working south Sydney its a fair round trip just for a dyno run. Prob try and get up there next week.

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 23d

I have E85 in my GTR...made 60kw more over 98 without increasing the boost...love the stuff.

I can switch between the 98 map and E85 map with the cruise control buttons in conjuction with the boost gauge on the screen

Kev, I remember you saying the surge tank and single 044 you make it safe for up to 420rwkw on 98. What would you say this unit would be safe for on e85. Doesn't worry me as I have twin 044's and only running 380rwkw on 98 at the moment but it would help this thread.

Very tempted to get ID1000's and an e85 tune, but nearest bowser is about 1700k's away so it would be sucrogen stuff, which I hear is harder on the fuel system.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 11d

yea dave talked me into getting ID1000's on the off chance e85 ever became readily available, but after reading all this I think I would need another 044 anyway haha

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 23d

Bugga, missed all the action, bloody iprimus.

So is it plausible to run a fg xr on e85 with no surge? First person to give an answer will be deemed correct and taken as gospel.

And go!