E85

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 26d

Was it a ZF 6 speed? If so why 3rd gear as it says gear 3. I thought ZFs you run up on 4th. Only going what I have read on this forum, and people say you get higher numbers in 3rd gear when 4th gear should be the one to use. Asking as things like this confuse the fark out of me.

• Member For: 18y 4m 22d

Well done dale for backing up what you thought was the case!

Me personally will be running the usual 43psi pressure on my e85 tune with bigger injectors!so there is plenty of headroom.

• Like 1

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 7d

Nice to meet you Dale. Yes 422 was what she ran up which was the lowest reading in the last 3 months. Car went 445 at the Rigoli dyno day last month, car went 463 at CMS and 456 at another shop last week. So yeah I was quite surprised to only see 421 flash up. New turbo in 2 weeks so injectors are on order anyways as ee knew we were pretty much maxed now. Also re the AFR we tried richer and just lost power. Anyways it was a good experiment and I guess I was hoping the car mad what it always has lately but it didn't so no dramas and all is well.

Oh and Congrats again on the new addition Dale.

• Member For: 15y 11m 13d

Was it a ZF 6 speed? If so why 3rd gear as it says gear 3. I thought ZFs you run up on 4th. Only going what I have read on this forum, and people say you get higher numbers in 3rd gear when 4th gear should be the one to use. Asking as things like this confuse the fark out of me.

3rd or 4th dosent make that much difference, 5rwkw maybe, I always do the autos in 3rd, every one has a different idea on what gear to use, doing this car in the same gear as the rest of them means I can compare the data etc..

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 22d
This whole thread is comparing power figures from dyno runs. We should only be looking at mph figures.

We SHOULD be looking at E85...

But it's good to finally see some debate about something. Has be a while.

The united on Kingsways got E85 now, not sure how much it is but pretty convenient location.

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 2d

Not the result I was expecting but it is what it is.

You gotta give credit to Dale as he took the time out to help us forum members.

Will be looking forward to the Autotech Dyno Day

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m 21d

Interesting last 5pages to catch up on! Good comparisons and info..sticky I reckon if not already (on phone app)