E85

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 11d

Some basic mods to fit an aftermarket filter. I use a 25micron stainless element for ethanol and a 10micron paper for PULP. Easy and cheap mod.....if I was using e85 often I'd do the rail and remaining lines. Injectors are engineered to very fine tolerances (good ones anyway) and I wouldnt want anything disrupting the spray pattern. I've also had my tank out and cleaned. I think this topic has deviated somewhat!

post-6920-0-69751700-1337089890_thumb.jp

post-6920-0-91076400-1337089897_thumb.jp

post-6920-0-75149400-1337089909_thumb.jp

post-6920-0-17856200-1337089930_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d

Gday Chris,

We have not logged any data from this car at the track, this is the car that I previously mentioned where dave commanded a richer mixture than necessary to demonstrate to me that we had enough fuel up our sleeve as a safety margin

Hey Simon,

Good simple test, if it won't fatten up you know you'll have issues. Great thing with e85 is even if it leans a bit more than intended, your margin for detonation is still large.

Toads you'd need to mod the niz intake cast section , cut it down so a 4inch silicon bend fits, that's if there's enough length on it, or use another 4inch intake pipe.

The 0.7 ar front housing can't be machined from 4inch inlet to 3inch, there's not enough material to cut away ... Unless you welded on a section, but welding comp housings isn't the greatest idea, the TIGs heat can warp them.

Good to see more guys considering e85... Bout time we caught up to the EVO guys ;)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 4m 29d

I haven't seen any facts on how e85 sits in storage, though I have have half a tank of eflex that's been in the car 5 months , so if it starts on in the next few weeks, we'll have some idea of how it stores... Maybe Veva can bring his chemistry set in and test it...

Mine runs all factory fuel lines and filter without any issues, though I mainly use eflex which is said to have anti corrosives mixed in, where as the drum racing mixes may not.

Does anyone know if Expensive Daewoo changed lines and filters in their Flex cars to suit ethonal?

Also heard awhile ago that Caltex , in agreement with Holden, we're stating they would have around 100 servos supplying Eflex the full length of the Eastern states... That will be great if it happens.

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 22d

No worries possum, any reason why boost wasn't held flat. Not being critical just curious.

I'm a fan of the nizpro intake and makIng them fit the bigger cover is brilliant.

I fitted a check valve on my 044 and rather than it taking longer than stock to crank, it now kicks over straight away and sounds like its only running on a few cylinders for a few seconds before it settles down to a nice idle. I haven't had time to look at the route cause but I have my theories. It's the same on e85 and PULP so most likely not fuel or tune related.

Nizpro injectors?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 27d

Haha I'm waiting for paky united to get e85. The closest is Hallam which isn't bad for me.

Your going to use 1/4 tank by the time you get home Paulie, the one in Hallam, is that the one on the corner of Prinny hwy and Hallam Rd?

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 11d

I've had 6 different sets of injectors (what I can think of at the monent) in my car over the yrs (for data gathering purposes) and they're all the same when it comes to cranking.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d

Your going to use 1/4 tank by the time you get home Paulie, the one in Hallam, is that the one on the corner of Prinny hwy and Hallam Rd?

Nah I reckon the needle won't even budge and yeah that's the one.

Edited by Paulie2256

• Member For: 18y 4m 22d

Holdens fuel systems have been ethanol compatable for a few years now even before they released their Eflex cars because of their export programme and the cars going to countries that use ethanol, well that's what I have read in the past and makes sense