E85

• FREAKY
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 9m 24d

lol igor

got a question im sure has been answered but cant find.

is e85 ok to use in a weekender car? maybe only driven on wknds but also once during the week?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 2m 15d

Yeah good question, as I was gonna do that but then I got scared by someone telling me that it burns the fuel filter and makes it all black due to swaping from 98 to e85 regularly, which then means u put your foot down not enough fuel comes through to the engine and then u could be in trouble. Now this is all I have heard no real facts so I dont know how true or not this realy is.

• Waiting for the 1st N/A 12!
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 8m 8d

Yeah good question, as I was gonna do that but then I got scared by someone telling me that it burns the fuel filter and makes it all black due to swaping from 98 to e85 regularly, which then means u put your foot down not enough fuel comes through to the engine and then u could be in trouble. Now this is all I have heard no real facts so I dont know how true or not this realy is.

I did change my fuel filter the other day and I wouldnt say it was back but more a dark grey!

Time to start using 2 different filters now I reckon, one for E85 and one for 98!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 9d

So do ALL the factory fuel lines need changing, besides the alloy ones, or those too? Just for someone wanting to convert over using their current setup.

So, the intank piece, from/to the tank's fuel pump to the alloy lines, and to/from surge tank to rail etc? I'm guessing the PW or plaz surge tank lines aren't suitable?

Anyone sell all of this as a kit?

• Member For: 18y 4m 22d

It is yet to be answered whether the falcon fuel system is compatable with E85, some members have been using it for a while with no ill affects, but it will be in the long term that damage may show. Igor showed a fuel hose that had issues earlier in the thread but cause was not 100% sure, unless he has updated it.

Process West has been fitting E85 compatable hoses to their surge tanks for, I think 3 months or so now, Maybe Kevin could confirm

• Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 19y 3m 11d

No worries possum, any reason why boost wasn't held flat. Not being critical just curious.

I'm a fan of the nizpro intake and makIng them fit the bigger cover is brilliant.

I fitted a check valve on my 044 and rather than it taking longer than stock to crank, it now kicks over straight away and sounds like its only running on a few cylinders for a few seconds before it settles down to a nice idle. I haven't had time to look at the route cause but I have my theories. It's the same on e85 and PULP so most likely not fuel or tune related.