E85

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 27d

oh so its not ok to have a laugh at the same time..???? lighten up !!!!!

also... I didnt pick a side,,, I used my knowledge and intelligence to find my own conclusion rather than going along with every other person here just tomake myself sound cool!!!!!

I stand by my posts coz theyre full of intelligence and thought!!!!

sorry so much for tryin g to have a laugh aswell coz god knows forums arent for laughing and the world is sh*t when we have a laugh!!!!

You make my pen*s laugh, but then it cries.

• Like 4

• Toughest BA Turbo
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 9m 24d

Interesting comments in this thread.

I have not converted my Ford turbos to E85, but recently have converted my STi.

I’m surprised that anyone would consider running just 1 single 044, when pushing over 420rwks, when you consider the extra fuel flow required by E85.

In my STi I changed over my 044 pump with a single 625 Magnaflow (1500hp capable), and my injectors to ID2000’s.

I don’t subscribe to the belief that a single 044 600HP rated pump is OK.

It maybe OK in an instance, but I doubt what anyone would recommend it if you wanted to err on the side of caution.

People should note that the Caltex Eflex fuel is often 70% ethanol, but can vary up to 85% or more.

Having a specific 70% tune would not be optimal if the fuel out of the bowser was say 80% ethanol, and you could get that at any time. Caltex is more likely to use 70% ethanol in winter for better cold starting, and increase the ethanol content in summer.

I also bought a Zeitronix digital fuel analyzer from the U.S, as it’s always worth knowing the ethanol content of the fuel.

You should ALWAYS know the ethanol content of the fuel as used in a tune.

The picture below shows the gauge showing the Ethanol content, here 87% out of the bowser at United at Rozelle in Sydney.

STi_E85_guage.jpg

The picture below shows the surge tank, Magnaflow pump, and Zeitronix unit, and a very good installation by Tunehouse.

STI_surge_tank.jpg

Brian

• Like 3

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 1m 6d

Sorry fluffa, didnt know you were playing.

Was good seeing ya avatar every second post anyway.

all good.... look its really frustating to see someone come on here and try to dissprove everything youve learnt over the last 5 years when you know theyre wrong and everyone seems to side with them....

I know your all just looking for an answer... but if y'all did some actual real research and looked on other sources then ya might agree with the right side....

I mean if nizpro... one of the most respected shops in Aus agrees with me then fark.,... I get frustrated when others dont... that's all im saying,,,,

saying that .....everyones intitled to their own oppinion so good luck to them... when they spend `10k to get 300rwkw good luck lmao

Edited by Fluffy Mc D
  • Like 1

• Member For: 18y 4m 21d

I also bought a Zeitronix digital fuel analyzer from the U.S, as it’s always worth knowing the ethanol content of the fuel.

The picture below shows the gauge showing the Ethanol content, here 87% out of the bowser at United at Rozelle in Sydney.

I'm fitting one of these to a car at the momment, that way the owner will know exactlty what is going through his fuel lines at any time, it's better than the test tube method.

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d

Interesting comments in this thread.

I have not converted my Ford turbos to E85, but recently have converted my STi.

I’m surprised that anyone would consider running just 1 single 044, when pushing over 420rwks, when you consider the extra fuel flow required by E85.

In my STi I changed over my 044 pump with a single 625 Magnaflow (1500hp capable), and my injectors to ID2000’s.

I don’t subscribe to the belief that a single 044 600HP rated pump is OK.

It maybe OK in an instance, but I doubt what anyone would recommend it if you wanted to err on the side of caution.

People should note that the Caltex Eflex fuel is often 70% ethanol, but can vary up to 85% or more.

Having a specific 70% tune would not be optimal if the fuel out of the bowser was say 80% ethanol, and you could get that at any time. Caltex is more likely to use 70% ethanol in winter for better cold starting, and increase the ethanol content in summer.

STi_E85_guage.jpg

The picture below shows the surge tank, Magnaflow pump, and Zeitronix unit, and a very good installation by Tunehouse.

STI_surge_tank.jpg

Brian

I wish my space shuttle looked like that!

Edited by Kroozin

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 2d

everyones intitled to their own oppinion so good luck to them... when they spend `10k to get 300rwkw good luck lmao

Not much difference in price between 1 or 2 044's or a single A1000, it will cost you alot more to rebuild your engine

if it leans out due to fuel starvation. Most guys here are happy to spend the extra for the safety factor

but each to there own. I really enjoy threads like this as they are entertaining and helpfull.

Matty, we both knew there had to be a reason for the loss in power, you going back to Dale's?

Edited by rednose