E85

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 26d

Ok guys..Had the ute up on the hoist on Saturday...was having a look at the hoses coming off the Surgetank and found what I believe, E85 was doing to my hose. Am now sourcing a E85 compatible set now.

Just a heads up for everyone else that's all.

post-12258-0-72645400-1336268238_thumb.j

Hey mate, how long have you been running this set up before e85 and how long have you been running e85 for?

Is it possible for a rubber hose to crack on the outside due to the substance going through it?

Or is it more to do with the fact that it is under pressure?

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 23d

Surge tank set up is roughly 10 mnths old, and have been using e85 for about 8 mnths now. I believe that the cause is from e85, I will also pull the petrol tank out and have a look at the submersible intank hose too. I believe that maybe even worse.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 23d

That's why I spent extra money and went with speedflow Teflon braided hose and fittings instead of the rubber hose that come with the kit. Lucky to pick that up mate before it was too late.

IMG_2009.jpg

Cheers.. Did you change the intank submersible hose also?

• Member For: 15y 11m 13d

again neat e85 and 1 044/+intank will do the trick for 400rwkw , if the tuner cant do it see another because theres heaps that can with excellent rep's oh and that should be say 129mph at the small end of the scale

yeh got plenty of fg's running 130+ but the fuel systems are done my way, one of them has done 80,000km on eflex and the tune hasnt been touched in 2 years and it only runs 131mph on street tyres.. I just dont agree with under doing fuel systems on ethenol.. there is not a great deal of room for error with it, if people want to run on the edge then that's there call but I wont do it to my customers cars espically ones that get used at the drags or on a circuit..

anyway old mate will be here in 45min.. will see what it makes.. if it runs 129mph I would expect it to make 410-420rwkw so we will see. be good info for everyone any way as ill log the injector duty

421rwkw on 21psi injectors maxed

reflashed tune in to make sure right tune was loaded

416rwkw on 22psi injectors maxed even more..

this is with 55psi base fuel pressure not 40psi like I usually run, as I said the 100lb max at 420rwkw on 40psi base..

ill put graphs up after lunch

• Like 2

here is the graph

http://www.castlehillexhaust.com.au/files/FGinj.jpg

car is running leaner than I would personally would run it on this boost,

if I was doing this car I would have 40% larger injectors as it sits now which gives it 120lb the way it is to regain control of the injectors and get the mixtures back to what I would normally run, but with future mods the 160lb are really the best option..