E85

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 2d

How do you know the 420 figure is accurate? How could anyone say their dyno figure is accurate? You can't. Even hub and engine dynos still need to be calibrated.

Everyone seems to be comparing their mph back to a dyno figure one way or another.

That bit of plastic with the slider looks like it would be more accurate than any dyno.

Never said mine was accurate, simply stated Veva has more than me.

I simply stated on the day I went 127, Veva went 129 and that my car had dyno'd at 420.

If Veva's car dynos at around 450 on Dales dyno then will that be accurate?

I am comfortable in saying that my car has dyno'd at 420 because I believe Spiros dyno does not inflate figures,

but I have always said that dynos are just a tuning tool and MPH is a true indication of power.

I'm sure there are enough posts of ET's, MPH and RWKW readings that you can get rough idea of how much power it takes to get a certain MPH.

Just remember ZF cars will show higher MPH than BTR cars and Manuals will show less MPH again.

Edited by rednose
  • Like 1

• RNS10S
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 18y 2m 2d

Guys, I have met Dale and found him to be extremely honest and helpfull.

I commend him for putting the offer out there for any willing takers as this will certainly take time out of his busy day.

This is not something that tuners normally do.

I will be waiting for the outcome, so Dale or Matty please update us with the result as soon as it happens.

• Like 1

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 26d

but I have always said that dynos are just a tuning tool and MPH is a true indication of power.

Agree 100%

But you are still using a dyno figure to compare the mph. Not saying your tuners dyno reads high but how do you know it doesn't read low? This whole thread is comparing power figures from dyno runs. We should only be looking at mph figures.

Edited by Paulie2256

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 27d

I think he is using it as comparison to what veva will go on che dyno.

After doing a few calcs based on mph I think the sa dynos are closer to the mark. Ie most are reading low.

I think our low down turbo torque also sways the numbers. Look at the sc miamis with huge power doing low mph

• Menace
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 5m 27d

Now I think about out it, wasn't Che's dyno only like 6rwkw different from cv's when they were testing out the new gt335 for real rwkw.

Apparently ppl thought Che's was showing a high reading for a stock car so they tested it at cv's and it made like 5 or 6 more there.

I know dyno's are just a tuning tool in the end of the day but they can't be too far off right?

Edited by Kroozin

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 17d

I think he is using it as comparison to what veva will go on che dyno.

After doing a few calcs based on mph I think the sa dynos are closer to the mark. Ie most are reading low.

I think our low down turbo torque also sways the numbers. Look at the sc miamis with huge power doing low mph

as I said the moroso calc can not be used for our turbo cars for a multitude of reasons and one being the low down torque as u said, that calc is closest to a n/a v8 with less than 3800lb with small stall etc etc ..........its a bare guide only !!!

again neat e85 and 1 044/+intank will do the trick for 400rwkw , if the tuner cant do it see another because theres heaps that can with excellent rep's oh and that should be say 129mph at the small end of the scale

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m 17d

yes , but I run a mix so it doesnt count ,that's another story and I think were struggling to keep this end of the topic up right as it is