Zf 6 Speed Tune

Sydneyxr6t

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 11m 22d

sometimes on the bf's they leaked from the sump, with the sealing arangement they had is was only about 8nm for the srews holding the sump on. Bomb it with degreaser and have a squiz. Changed the sump on mine with QIK1 and never leaked from there again, did the screws up to about 12-15 from memory

• loitering with intent
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 1m 29d

just about to head off there now, brace thee self later.

I think one of Ozzies original solo pieces said it best.

Diary of a Madman bwahhhahah

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 7m 12d

Every bf I ever worked on takes off in second gear from a stand standstill unless you manually select first gear or you give it absolute sh*t with the throttle, my bf still does it also. Fgs may be different but I think what you may be feeling is the torque converter unlocking.

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 27d

I think the trans learns from the driver. Depending on how driven mine either takes off in first or second.

My wife drives it a lot, slowly and in D. If I hop in after she has been using it for a few days it takes off in second.

When I drive it a lot, hard and 50% in manual mode. It takes off in first and has the jerk change down (2-1 at 4kph) when stopping at lights.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 5m 22d

ZF takes off in 2nd.

Drive down the road in manual and come to a stop. You'll see the gear indicator go down to 2 when you stop.

Or while you're stopped select performance mode. Start to drive off and manually downshift. The trams will downshift a gear into first. You took off in 2nd again.

• Idiot Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 8m 27d

In performance mode mine always stops in second and stays there. But after driving vigorously for a few days it takes off in 1st in D. You can tell because of the jerk when it changes 2-1 whilst decelerating. The same jerk people complain of. This is for an fg

Edited by RynoF6

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 5m 7d

Unless 2nd - 3rd shift happens at about 20klm, I can assure that post tune, my auto always goes back into first from stop. This is in D, or performance mode. The only time is doesn't is if the car is still moving slowly.

*edit* Just took the car for a test run. In 'D' it shifts 1-2 at 20klm. In performance mode about 23klm. This was done with light throttle on the flat. Coming back I slowed at a roundabout to around 10klm then light pedal coming out and it stayed in 2nd.

Edited by Bomber

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 3m 27d

ZF takes off in 2nd.

Drive down the road in manual and come to a stop. You'll see the gear indicator go down to 2 when you stop.

Or while you're stopped select performance mode. Start to drive off and manually downshift. The trams will downshift a gear into first. You took off in 2nd again.

that's my experience too... but Im without tune.