Diagnose A Blockage In Turbo Oil Feed Line.

gramps_BA

• Member For: 15y 10m 24d

Hi guys,

I read the thread on cleaning the oil filter banjo and decided to pull mine out after some bearing noise. Filter was caked and after blowing though the bolt I realised there was no chance of any oil getting through it as either was air. I have since removed and replaced with a new filter, checked for leaks, all good.

So I still hear some noise and decide to inspect further. I remove the oil feed banjo out of the top of my turbo, clean the ring and leave disconnected with a catch underneath it to see what comes out.

I idle the car for around 3-4 minutes and see nothing coming though pipe. Also I give two slight increase of revs from the throttle, nothing comes out.

Question is should I have seen at least something by now? And if so do I replace the oil feed line from the turbo to sump/ banjo filter bolt?

Any help would be great, thanks everyone.

From further reading Im guessing my line needs to be replaced as blockage sounds common. Will sort one tomorrow. Im guessing once the feed line has both banjo's removed from each end its just a matter of squeezing it out. Any suggestions to make this easier guys?

• Dropping a turd
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 10m 24d

Just replace the whole thing with an earls line with inline filter. Your turbo bearings are now dead. If your lucky the blades wont have touched the housings if they have your up for a new turbo.

Edited by arronm

Thanks guys. Have gone and got new lines / turbo to replace but Im having trouble getting the turbo out though. On the exhaust housing side to manifold the bottom left nut has been removed but there is a thread then a bracket then the turbo..

Everything else is removed and ready for it to be pulled out but this one bracket which seems to be holding the turbo up to the manifold cant be removed. Anyone else have this, it wasnt mentioned in this thread and I couldnt see it in the pictures.