The Elders Scrolls V - Skyrim

TRA1NR

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 23d

unfortunately I have to buy myself a laptop for work also. its just so hard to spend 2k+ on one when I can make a home pc twice as powerful for the same price.

but it sucks dragging the pc out around town.

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 18d

Yeah fair enough, it suits my needs, it is paid off now anyway... Might get a G74...

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m

Lol, I've had the same thoughts except my laptop is supplied by work. That means it's a cheap, crap thing which makes me want to use my Desktop except I can't be bothered setting/packing it up all the time.

Crap Stainless, you spend even more than I thought on your PC. What blocks and radiator are you using? I can see a logo on the Rad in one of your pics but I can't make it out...

And, what do you recommend for a new mouse, I've decided I need one for Christmas :)

My current one's 4 years old now and I've been looking at the Razer Mamba

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 16d

Yeah fair enough, it suits my needs, it is paid off now anyway... Might get a G74...

I have owned the G74S Laptop for about 6wks now. I haven't had much of a chance to play anything due to looking after my 15month old daughter but I have played WoW for a couple of hours. Every setting up to Ultra and full AA etc and it runs a smooth 60fps or more no probs unless in big cities but still no probs with tearing or glitching at all.

I have also bought Serious Sam 3 BFE on the Steam server and with the settings run on autodetect they select CPU Speed- Medium, GPU Speed- Medium and GPU Memory- Ultra frames run anywhere from 90-60fps.

I have tried it will the three settings o Ultra and only get 22fps but even though the game runs fine still it seems to tear anf movement is glitchy so actually looks worse as you would expect. This ame is a graphic hog so if anyone has a PC that cn run it withevery setting up full with 60+fps that would be cool to see!

I have some screen shots of the options so will see if I can upload them...

Forgot to mention that this laptop runs cool as a cucumber even under full load and that I paid $2047 for it from a JB HiFi.

Edited by bjc

• Pitlane Member
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 18d

nice mate! one of the benefits I have found is actually being able to use these laptops on your lap! Yes they can struggle when pushed but I find it a nice compromise. I tend to use mine more as a media centre than a full on gaming rig, and being able to chuck all of my media (with 2 ext. drives as well) in a back pack is great!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 9m 29d

Lol, I've had the same thoughts except my laptop is supplied by work. That means it's a cheap, crap thing which makes me want to use my Desktop except I can't be bothered setting/packing it up all the time.

Crap Stainless, you spend even more than I thought on your PC. What blocks and radiator are you using? I can see a logo on the Rad in one of your pics but I can't make it out...

And, what do you recommend for a new mouse, I've decided I need one for Christmas :)

My current one's 4 years old now and I've been looking at the Razer Mamba

I've got the mamba, works great at shooting you down pookey!

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 16d

nice mate! one of the benefits I have found is actually being able to use these laptops on your lap! Yes they can struggle when pushed but I find it a nice compromise. I tend to use mine more as a media centre than a full on gaming rig, and being able to chuck all of my media (with 2 ext. drives as well) in a back pack is great!

Yeah with my 2 internal hdd's I copied World of Warcraft onto the secondary drive without the operating system (has 2 hdd's internally partinioned into 2 drives each) to see if it would run faster and im not sure but hyou would think so not having to go back andforth looking for other things on te OS drive!

My end goal was to buy a SSD for the OS which is why I wanted the 2 internal hdd's but will wait until they become better again, plus I am happy with it anyway as it starts pretty quick compared to my 10yr old desktop PC, lol.

Definately happy with this laptop non the less and the prices compared to even a few years ago are cheap as...

Back on track to Skyrim anyways...

• You've changed man....
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 8m 23d

For my cooling I run two loops.

Loop 1; CPU - North Bridge

This kit: with this: waterblock

Loop 2; 2x GTX580's

This kit:

2 of these: waterblocks

joined together with this:

and two of these:

Aheap of these: on the radiators

14 of these:

4ltrs of this:

couple metres of this:

and this:

As for mouse I bought v9 of this: but hated its guts. Was mainly for the pinkie support.

So instead I kept my logitech G5 and hot rodded it slightly

1399a0ab.jpg

Back on track to Skyrim anyways...

now this lol

Edited by STAINLESS

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 9m 28d

Nice machines lads, I'm envious. Unfortunately I moved on from desktops (need the space) years ago and there I no going back! (I also use a projector for my games on PS3, love it)

Not meaning to hijack thread, as it is (sort of) about Skyrim!

I am buying myself three games for XMas now I have more "time" - recently single so need to still have something under the tree....ha ha.

Ive only got older games, so im thinking;

BF3

SkyRim

Uncharted 3

What do you guys reckon? Know gaming a personal thing but most people love the same "best" games like GrandTA, Metal Gear S etc (mates trying to get me to buy La Noire and Dark Souls instead, reckon they are better than all three above???)

Edited by CBXRT