Got My Fg F6 Finished With An Awesome Result

234Fpv

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

Yeah still running the stock pump with no dramas. Now with christmas out of the way over the next couple of months I'll be getting a surge tank, valve springs, and clutch. I'm also going to have a talk to dave and see where he thinks I should go from there. I'm surprised at how well the stock clutch is holding up. I attempted to take it for a run down the strip but it bucketed down rain 5 minutes after I got in the gate. Next meet is on the 13th of jan so I might take it out then. Anyone got any tips for a manual down the strip? The best results I have heard are using the park brake and riding the clutch the short changes from 1st to 2nd and 2nd to 3rd. I found that using a similar method in my rex gave me the best results as well.

• 3 months later...
  • Donating Members

I can finally add atomic valve springs and a pw surge tank to the list of mods (I'll be fitting them next week). I haven't had any dramas without them but thought I had better throw in a couple of safety items.

• Like 1

• Donating Members

Nah every time I plan to take it down the strip it rains or something else stops me (usually work) but it will happen soon. I just picked up my surge tank and will hopefully have the valve springs Monday then take it back to Dave for another tune in the next couple of weeks. I'm going to keep the main tune pretty much the same and have a second more aggressive tune for events like powercruise etc. Just a pointless tyre smoking tune for fun. post-46946-133483857538_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Donating Members

I finally got a chance to start the glorious job of doing the valve springs this afternoon. Will have to wait until tomorrow to finish it now though as I don't think the neighbors would like the compressor going half the night. I was very please with the pw surge tank and pump set up. Easy fit and nowhere near as loud as I thought it'd be.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • Member For: 13y 7m 27d

Where are these videos? I'd like to hear the induction sound you're talking about.

Seems like a great result from a few mods - I'll have to update my shopping list. I've got a manual one too (2009), stock at the moment.

I really like the idea of the three tunes, I was hoping for the same thing - just something to keep it off boost when the girlfriend drives it.

Knackers

• 1 month later...
  • Donating Members

post-46946-134524222792_thumb.jpg

I finally took it for a run down at benaraby. I had a ball but the stock clutch didn't like it at all and was slipping/smoking pretty bad. This was my quickest time but lowest mph. All other runs were 120mph. Tyres were falken 452's @ 25psi.

• Like 1