Got My Fg F6 Finished With An Awesome Result

234Fpv

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m 19d

After owning my f6 for nearly 2 years I finally got what I wanted to do done. Since buying it the only thing I did was a K&n filter and xr8 lower airbox and snorkel and wanted a heap more but just couldn't do it all at once. So after talking to Dave sheehy from cpv and learning a heap from this forums saved my penny's and did this-

Process west stage 2 intercooler

Turbo back 4" xforce exhaust

1000cc xspurt injectors

Stainless airbox & battery kit

Ported turbo

Xcal 3

Gapped plugs

Custom tune done on the road and then the dyno.

I did all the work myself except the tuning and exhaust porting which was a bit of a mission in the time I had but all worth it in the end.

The results from the first dyno run put a smile on my face immediately.

First run was 375rwkw after Dave did the street tune then after he played with it a bit we got 391.5rwkw. Then Dave had another play and it was shooting up until 397rwkw and the valves didn't like that much boost so he had another play with less boost and we got 403.8rwkw with the valves handling it. Unfortunately my car had about 15ltrs of 95 unleaded (needed fuel and no 98 anywhere close) with the rest bp ultimate 98. Next on my list is a surge tank, fuel pump and valve springs. I'm still learning heaps about these cars and the whole tuning process as I'm definitely no genius but loving the process so far. Unfortunately the dyno printer wasn't working but I took some pics of the screen with my phone which I'll try and upload. The car amazed me straight away driving smoother than stock, nice note from the exhaust and crazy induction and flutter from the stainless intake when given a squirt. The 3 tunes on the xcal 3 are 3000rpm, 391 &403.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Tapatalk

Edited by 234Fpv
  • Like 1

• Donating Members

Oh and I forgot to mention and thank Staza-brendan for his help fitting the exhaust. Couldn't have done it alone

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 7m

what a great result. good work mate! now some videos :P will you get it retuned with 98 (will it make a difference?) or leave it as is??

• Donating Members

Yeah fpv6t it's unreal. It's like a completely different car yet keeping everything I liked about it stock.

• Donating Members

That is on 19psi. I can't believe how drivable it is. Power comes on nice and smooth yet feels like it's going to put you in the back seat. I will have to get a few pics and videos up.