Engine Destruction - Tech Tips His Hat To Us

curious

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 20d
such a sad story.....excuse me while I go cry in the shower :tears:

:kissmy: Poor ba$tard.

Mate if that was my car I'd be screaming blue murder. I have a horrible suspicion that your fleet car feeling is correct, but this is no excuse.

I bought one of three VR Late model camira Acclaims sprayed in Panther Mica from Armstrong Expensive Daewoo in Bris in 93 I think, anyway the car had paint dramas, the dealer didn't want to know.

Holdens answer was to respray the car = stuff up, respray again still stuffed. Me lots of loud screaming demanded a relacement car. The answer from Holdens PR man went something like this.

"LOOK MATE, WE DON'T CARE IF WE HAVE TO REPAINT THE CAR TEN TIMES, YOU OWN IT, AND IF YOU WANT TO MAKE A SCENE WE'LL JUST HOLD YOU UP IN COURT FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS AND YOU WON'T GET THE CAR RESPRAYED AT ALL! :thumbsup:

They did respray it correctly the third time, and unwittingly did me a big favour, cause guess how many of their mobile crap cans I've bought since. None, and I will never ever buy another. Ford definately respond better to warranty issues than GM in my book, and I bet if it was your own car it would be new engine No Question :kissmy:

• Member For: 20y 10m 16d

Well its back now and I cross my fingers for how long, isnt that terrible a $50,000 car and you get the reliabilty jitters when sitting at the lights, will it stall will I look like a dick.

I found out the problems. Engine failure was stripped timing gear, apparently the ECU cuts in and activates crank case ventilator to prevent further valve damage. (all new to me)

After we picked it up and it died....get this, they stated the oil viscocity was wrong and the computer shut it down, hello you fools you were the ones that put the oil in it and have been doing that for oh about 20 years.

Sorry im rambling yet again, im a scorned man. I will drown my pain by visiting a backpacker hostel and taking three sweedish women home

your right I am under rating my self, half a dozen will do, three left side and three right. That reminds me of a story when I was......................................nah you guys wouldnt be intersted

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 1d

Curious,

are you sure it wasn't the Oil responsable for the striped timing gear?

Scotty

• Member For: 20y 10m 17d

"A small number of BA I6 engines (including turbos) built between Feb 10th and March 8th 2003 were built with crankshaft sprockets that contained an incorrect nickel content. This can lead to failure of the sprocket under high load conditions and extensive damage to valve train components.

If you have an I6 equipped vehicle built within the date range above it would be wise to contact your dealer for remedial action. Inspection will take 45 minutes and repair (if required) 3-4 hours".

Curious,

Does this look like the problem you had? When I asked my dealer whether they had ever checked this on my early 03 build he said it wasnt a problem anymore as FMC thought they had caught the defective batch at the plant and none of the gears/sprockets returned to the factory for analysis from vehicles fixed under the "dealer recall" were found to have the problem - interesting!

• FORD FORD FORD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 21y 6m 1d
"A small number of BA I6 engines (including turbos) built between Feb 10th and March 8th 2003 were built with crankshaft sprockets that contained an incorrect nickel content. This can lead to failure of the sprocket under high load conditions and extensive damage to valve train components.

If you have an I6 equipped vehicle built within the date range above it would be wise to contact your dealer for remedial action. Inspection will take 45 minutes and repair (if required) 3-4 hours".

Me thinks I'llmention this.

Scotty

Curious,

Does this look like the problem you had? When I asked my dealer whether they had ever checked this on my early 03 build he said it wasnt a problem anymore as FMC thought they had caught the defective batch at the plant and none of the gears/sprockets returned to the factory for analysis from vehicles fixed under the "dealer recall" were found to have the problem - interesting!

Mate that it, the dealer said there was a recall on our vehicle as it was one of the first of line after the model release. They stated "we must have missed that one" More like, its a fleet vehicle so we will see how it goes. But that is the answer as it is consisitent with the problems we had and the damage we did and the fact that it is flogged 24/7 (yeaaaa baby)

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 20d
I will drown my pain by visiting a backpacker hostel and taking three sweedish women home

:hrmm:

the doctor says you need one swedish backpacker for each day of stress that you have had and FMC should pay all transport and accomadation. At least it seems your getting to the bottom of this. Makes you wonder how some people can call themselves mechanics. :nyaah::thumbsup::finger: