Engine Destruction - Tech Tips His Hat To Us

curious

• Weird Member
  • Member For: 21y 7m 15d

Don't get me wrong I am not having a go at you.

Am just curious curious, as I like to give my T a hard time too... :thumbsup:

(has blue and white checkers on the side)

Are there more than the one profession that have that sort of decoration...

• Member For: 20y 10m 16d

no no, I didnt think you were, I have my own personal one on order. I'm frustrated for everyone else too as this is the pride and joy that we work hard for.

• It's All In Your Mind
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 10m 20d
It was mislabelled and they sent a gearbox back to us that was from another car and broken as well. As to how these mistakes were made, who knows. It was driven a total of 2 klometres before the crunch and clunks were heard and it was taken straight back. They made admissions as to the stuff up and that's the explanation that was given.

:whistle: I had the same stuff up with my diff, except they relalised it was the wrong one once they took the old one out. The service manager was spewing that they wasted all the labour time for nothing.

I have heard some talk of weak valve springs in the early models, they tried 5 different tensions apparently. The GT-P springs do fit but apparently its a head off job to change them. My service manager told me they had a car that (on a post service test drive) jammed a valve and threw a rod through the block. Pity that theres such a demand for these cars that the build quality has to suffer so much. Still hats off to Ford, at least they are prepared to listen and rectify. I had problems with a new VS acclaim I bought in Bris and the dealer wasn't prepared to do much at all. Ended up trading it on an EB XR6. And yes they had the period noise in the diff back then too, but with that car they simply re-lapped it, now they replace the centres, much better after sales service. My dealer gives me a BA XT to drive whenever they have the car for service or warranty. Car (shame it has gremlins) after sales service and warranty can't really complain about Fords and the dealerships willingness to help :thumbsup:

Guest Isher
  • Guests

Curious,

fortunately for you the car does not actually belong to you. Imagine how extra pi$$ed you would be if this happened to your own car that you paid money for?

Is there such thing as a "Lemon Clause". What would be our rights in demanding your money back on a car with this many problems? Can it be done? Have people done it before?

Isher

Curious,

fortunately for you the car does not actually belong to you. Imagine how extra pi$$ed you would be if this happened to your own car that you paid money for?

Is there such thing as a "Lemon Clause". What would be our rights in demanding your money back on a car with this many problems? Can it be done? Have people done it before?

Isher

My brother, by the time you ran with it through the court it would cost you more than 2 brand new "T''s.

As much as I love my country I sometimes question thier build integrity.

Damn you bundy, leave the techs alone. :tonguepoke:

As for being pi$$ed, I am the same, I have one on order and like to think I provide Ford with free advertising as the car looks like a weapon In return they should provide me with a good product that I can show off for them as it is on the road eight hours everyday.

• Member For: 21y 5m 18d

I find it hard to understand how the spark plugs in cylinders 1,2,3 and 4 were ALL fouled with oil. (im assuming 5 & 6 were too)

The cause of the oil entering the chamber can only be attributed to faulty valve stem seals (or valves), some kind of problem with the oil control rings or a faulty head gasket.

Perhaps the car had a faulty set of rings and the car had progressively been getting worse over time. That would perhaps explain all of the plugs being fouled?

If it was the head gasket I doubt all the spark plugs would be fouled as I assume that the oil ports in the block and head are not near every cylinder.

It really is a puzzling one....?

Ross

I find it hard to understand how the spark plugs in cylinders 1,2,3 and 4 were ALL fouled with oil. (im assuming 5 & 6 were too)

The cause of the oil entering the chamber can only be attributed to faulty valve stem seals (or valves), some kind of problem with the oil control rings or a faulty head gasket.

Perhaps the car had a faulty set of rings and the car had progressively been getting worse over time. That would perhaps explain all of the plugs being fouled?

If it was the head gasket I doubt all the spark plugs would be fouled as I assume that the oil ports in the block and head are not near every cylinder.

It really is a puzzling one....?

Ross

will keep you posted on that won to satisfy your curiosity.

The tech was standing there shaking his head too, he even went and got another compression tester as he though his was faulty due to no readings what so ever when he was testing the pots. :nod:

Well today found out what the problem was, aparently there is a safety valve at the bottom of the engine which had jamed open and that's the reason for nil compression, Very Very odd indeed but will be back on the road tomorrow. The CPU opened it for some reason. Ive never heard of it before.

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 8d

Crankcase ventillator - in case there is a pressure build up in the crankcase of explosive mixtures - this is much more prone to occur with a turbo motor so Ford have wisely built in a safety valve. It vents back to the inlet and therefore with no sealed crankcase the fuel injection system cannot operate. It seems also that a byproduct is that the hydraulic valve mechanism is also affected (disabled) in some way so there is no compression. This is obviously important, as with the crankcase open to the inlet tract a backfire could cause quite an explosion down below heheheh.

Good one Ford for building in this protection. Just hope no one ever needs it. I suspect curious, that at the time your engine died it must have been during some "extreme" manouvre ... :lol: