Engine Destruction - Tech Tips His Hat To Us

curious

• Member For: 20y 10m 14d

negative, very sublime, a u-turn at 30km/h and stalled at 20km/h, then would not start. Thanks for that explanation answered my question to a "T".

• Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 11m 6d

Bloody ECUs can't trust them - treat 'em gentle and they will still muck up. Just like women eh? Might as well treat 'em ruff all the damn time ... :lol:

• Member For: 21y 1m 24d
IF it was a woman car the valve would be permanently closed, maybe its just me :lol:

Be very careful saying that around here curious... :ermm:

Mrs Twinxrs is a leadfoot, as anyone on either the Batemans Bay or Geelong/Great Ocean Road cruises would know... :blush:

• Member For: 21y 3m 17d
Crankcase ventillator - in case there is a pressure build up in the crankcase of explosive mixtures - this is much more prone to occur with a turbo motor so Ford have wisely built in a safety valve. It vents back to the inlet and therefore with no sealed crankcase the fuel injection system cannot operate. It seems also that a byproduct is that the hydraulic valve mechanism is also affected (disabled) in some way so there is no compression. This is obviously important, as with the crankcase open to the inlet tract a backfire could cause quite an explosion down below heheheh.

Good one Ford for building in this protection. Just hope no one ever needs it. I suspect curious, that at the time your engine died it must have been during some "extreme" manouvre ... :lol:

I dont mean to be picky,but what the hell is a crankcase ventillator and just how do the explosive gasses get into the crankcase??

curious, In my experience with the BA engines I would say that the camshaft drive chain or VCT phasers have gone bye bye,causing severe valve train damage which explains the lack of compression(Lots of bent valves)

Guest LOK@ChipTorque
  • Guests

Have to agree with FORDTECH on that one but I am still VERY VERY curious to see if you can get a real (read - proper technical) answer out of the dealer as to what happened. Let us know if you do. :smilielol:

Have to agree with FORDTECH on that one but I am still VERY VERY curious to see if you can get a real (read - proper technical) answer out of the dealer as to what happened. Let us know if you do. :thumbsup:

Consider it done, what ever it was it will be back tomorrow. We have heard rumours that it was a bit of tampering by someone who didnt like getting a ticket, a senior tech. has been assigned to the vehicle at all times.

This is what I heard but dont quote me.

• Like 1

November 29 was the time I started ths post with the last problem experienced.

For the last week it has been phone calls every week about its progress. "Yes we have the parts and our senior mech. is assigned to your vehicle"

Last thursday it was supposed to be ready friday. Monday was supposed to be ready tuesday. Tuesday and it would be ready today.

I saw the damn thing the other day and the whole engine was in bits. The head on the ground, throttle body and tap. cover in the front passenger foot well.

I rang today and they said the engine was put back together but the radiator was still out and that's a three hour job, three hours whats size is the bloody thing. Anyway it was promised for 4.30 this afternoon as it was needed to go on the highway for an important job.

Here is the iceing my friends, after two weeks in the shop it is driven 100 metres in total and it dies totally. This s no bullsh!!!!t it actually happended.

This would have to be the most sickening dispaly of service I have seen. This car is a dog and needs to be crushed and we need to be handed another one.

I feel passionate about this and its only my work car. I have one on order thatr I am ready to cancel and go back to the "SS".

Please somebody calm me down before I blow my stack.

Not only has it broken down once within a km of the shop after repair (gearbox) but twice (engine)

:cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: