Photography Advice & Discussion Thread

Shyfrd

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m

Yea Shy I'm not gonna get a $1000 camera that can't take good photos for me lol. If I have to edit every photo its not worth getting.

Might just bite the bullet and get it, I'm sure I'll take awesome photos compared to my iphone and 5 year old fujifilm digital camera!

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 23d

Google 'dwi cameras' and buy from there. Its been mentioned in here ages back

Got my 60d + fixed 50mm lens for $950 over a year ago. Probably 18months ago

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 19d

With shy here.. You'd be better to get the 60D if you even think you'll be keen to get into it in a big way.. The fixed 50 is an awesome lens.. Then you can always buy more lenses later :-)

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m

Yea I actually read the whole 12 pages and took me a few days lol. I looked at dwi and they seem to be the cheapest!

What does the 60D have over the 650D? Does the 60d have all those features I meantioned above?

Also from what I read in this thread the 18-55mm and 55-250mm lens kit would be a good place to start for a beginner. Whats the difference between one of these lenses and say the 50mm? (sorry still quite a noob here)

SDP I don't know if I'll get into photgraphy properly though, more or less something for the mrs to get me for my 21st and its something I'm kind of interested in. I think by time I spent a few years to get good the 60D would be superseded anyway so thought the 650D would be a good start and then in a few years once I have a job and stuff I can look at upgrading if I want to get more serious or just keep the 650 for family photos etc.

But in saying that feel free to tell me why the 60D is better than the 650D

• I see a red door and I want to paint it black
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 10m 25d

For the lenses I ended p getting a kit with the 3 you mentioned. If I had to do without one then it would be the 50, even though it's my favourite one of the 3. Doesn't make sense I know, but the I use the lower end of the 18-55 a lot.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 23d

Yeh the 50 I hardly use. Only got it as it was cheap and everyone recommended it lol

I use the 17-50mm tamron all the time using the lower end most of the time. 50mm have to be too far away for stuff to be in frame.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 19d

Wow.. I love my 50.. It lives on the camera..

However you guys are right I do want an 18-55.. Don't have one of those at present.

• Here since the start...
  • Lifetime Members
  • Member For: 21y 4m 25d

But in saying that feel free to tell me why the 60D is better than the 650D

It's not better.

The reasons people buy the 60D over the 550D or 600D are now in the 650D. The 60D doesn't have the features you've listed a few posts up.

I spent a week with a 650D on a Canon promo event and it's a nice camera. The touch screen is pretty cool to use.