Selling The Fg F6

CJF077

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 4m

sad day boss so whats the plan juming ship into a euro?

cant twist ya arm to stay in the ford camp with the release of the fg 2 lol

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 11m 19d

Thanks Guys. Well I have been looking at the new Mercedes C Class. Not a C63 AMG but just a standard C Class 250 CDI with the AMG Pack, and a few other addons. Pricing is pretty reasonable for what it is and is in line with what the lease repayments on the Ford. I think it may hold value a bit better than the F6 as well.

For me at the moment the big thing is fuel economy as well as comfort / gadgets. The thrill of putting my foot down and watching the fuel gauge go down with it has lost the fun factor for me.. I also have alot of expenses going on with a business venture I stupidly got involved in which is not making any money and causing me grief. After losing out big time on the last three Ford's I have had at the 3yr mark I think it may be time to try something else for a bit. Something that also fits in a bit better with the work I do for a living. Not really ideal to drive up to a customer meeting in a bright green Ford even though it is a sub 80K car with all the options on road.

Will have to wait till FG's successor comes out and then will probably be back in straight away. The FG Series 2 really does nothing for me, neither does the GT Supercharged. Test drove one a few weeks back and thought nothing of it. So will just see how things go over the next year or so and I will be back in the camp again I think..

• Banned
  • Member For: 13y 10m 8d

Car Sold today. Had around four people interested in coming to have a look. A few dissapointed due to the fact that one travelled and just arrived from QLD today.

Was sold for just a tiny bit more than the trade in value.

I have been offered three good F6s below 40k in Melb - so going from this yours sold for less than 40 also? Seems to be the market price.

90% of the cars on Carsales are grossly overpriced, good on you for being realistic to actually get a sale. The price is only going to continue to plummet while people are holding out for more.

The Merc is an excellent car, great choice if you go ahead. You will get some resale next time too....

Edited by CBXRT

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

I would rather not disclose how much it sold for. However was close to what you mentioned and slightly above my trade in value of $38,500.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m

For me at the moment the big thing is fuel economy as well as comfort / gadgets. The thrill of putting my foot down and watching the fuel gauge go down with it has lost the fun factor for me..

Even though I love my car when it says 780km till empty then you overtake someone and it drops to 600km till empty it's a bit of a kick in the guts.

Sad day though mate but you'll love the merc.. They are stunning cars to drive in.

• The Noble Leader
  • Administrator

Even though I love my car when it says 780km till empty then you overtake someone and it drops to 600km till empty it's a bit of a kick in the guts.

Sad day though mate but you'll love the merc.. They are stunning cars to drive in.

I agree with you. I was telling the new buyer this afternoon when he rang me to ask a few questions I felt sick in the stomach that I had sold it. In the evening my ritual before going to bed is to open the garage door to check on the car to make sure its still there... last night I did it and the car was not.. Never felt this way about a car before.. I could understand if I had a problem with it, or was bored of it.. but none of that at all.. I really loved and enjoyed it.. best car I have ever had.. It is a shame.. but hopefully I will be right when I get into a new car.

Question though.

The buyer has a WA drivers license though lives in NSW. Tried to do a notice of disposal online and it said that the buyer need to be from NSW. Has anyone had that before? My last car was sold to someone in WA so had never seen it before.

Might have to call the NSW RTA in the morning to find out what the go is.. or even go down there.

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 2m

It depends on the state of his license.. I sold a WRX to a fella in QLD with a NT license.. He had to get a qld license before we could transfer the ownership.. Which caused some friggin nightmares with the time period the transfer is supposed to be done in.

• Member For: 14y 6m 28d

Hey guys,

I'm the buyer, and very happy with it after almost 2yrs looking around these forums and getting excited about owning one. It was a pleasure to do business with Chris and looking forward to staying in touch and hopefully easing his separation anxiety a little...!

Now to change my focus from threads about 'what should I buy' to 'how best to O&M'!

Cheers

Adam

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 5d

Geez don't look around too hard, you'll find out all the things that were wrong with it :stirthepot: