Sa Members

animalxr6t

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 13d

You've gota be overlooking something.

Start at the beginning again, go slow and check everything --- and make sure that the cop chip is plugged back in.

Oh and

If you do work it out, don't give your poor engine 20psi b4 it's tuned properly coz No. 3 could jump out :(

Edited by BenDoCo
  • Like 2

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 21d

I has to be a flow issue, if the wastegate can't open the only thing that can stop the turbo from spooling till it throws a rod is either not enough air getting in or not enough air flowing through the exhaust turbine.

We've eliminated the cat (it's now hollow) it's not the air filter, the cooler isn't blocked and there's no leaks.

Steve mentioned that the exhaust cam timing could be stuck hence doing something with the valves but that's where my knowledge kinda stops lol

Going to check the exhaust flow this arvo and hook the boost gauge up to the turbo to see what boost its actually making

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 10y 10m 21d

I haven't checked those valves yet by my theory is that even if they are stuffed, due to the size of the turbo it should still be able to flow way more than those valves can and therefore make more than 6psi

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 13d

surely the 'brand new' turbo wouldn't be the fault -- would it?

I mean, if the bearing pack is stuffed and the thing can only spin to 20000 rpm or something like

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 11y 1m 14d

Diff took another 150mls after 3-4 weeks. Peice of sh*t leaking rear hat.Throttle body was little bit dirty but now spotless. Onto plugs and coils to have a look and tighten up the hotside cooler pipe. Fun morning. After that new fuel filter then maybe a brew.

Also some inox into the boost solenoid.

Arron can you remember what you gapped my spark plugs to when you did the tune. Dont think simon had a play around with them. Just want to check the gap. ;)

Edited by Bizkets is fat?