Sa Members

animalxr6t

• Too heavy needs boost
  • Member For: 11y 1m 24d

I have a few more things to do around the house then in a couple of years im going to build and the house im in will be covered by rent and im on my way. or just turn it into a grow house and buy ten houses in 5 years...... maybe not.

• Like 1

• I'm getten too old for this s**t
  • Bronze Donating Members
  • Member For: 11y 5m 23d

Ya see Fluff

This is why I reckon you and I get on so well and have done since the day we met (the baked goods helped of course. .hehe).

When it comes to wealth creation, even though there is a - cough cough - year or two between us, we were both (obviously) taught by 'someone', the same way.

Unfortunately for me, breaking my back at 23 ended up changing all my plans in life ( or was it the VAST amounts of alcohol that I used to consume....farken )

Another thing you said that I reckon is well worth repeating here as the more times it is in front of people, the more chance there is that it may sink in. This is not an exact quote of what you wrote in the other thread but means the same thing.

GET OFF FACEBOOK and do something to better yourself................................

As I said b4, some ppl hate their life and as soon as someone shows that they are doing more to get ahead, they can't handle seeing themselves slipping down the evolutionary scale in compassion and the excuses and justifications start flowing as quickly as the water at Niagara Falls...mate your lucky that no wiki links have been used to try and prove his case as has happened so many times in the past coz we all know that what is written in wiki is the absolute truth ---- right?

Do you remember a while back when SDP went for that "big" pay rise? He told us that he went into the boss, stated his case and backed it up with all the necessary facts and figures to show how much he makes AND saves the company. He got (almost all of) what he asked for and he did that by getting off his ass and doing something to better himself and his life.

The reason I used that example is because the increase was almost what I get on the pension per year and because most of us know what he does for a living, knows that he deserves it.

Some of ya'll may of heard this before. If so, please re-think it and if this is the first time you have ever heard this little bit of wisdom, stop what you're doing right now and have a realllllly good think about what it actually means.

"It doesn't take much to be above average"

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 17d

I totally get what your saying don.

As I said, everyone is entitled to live the way they please and make any choices they want and as long as they're not hurting anyone then I am totally fine with it and happy for them as long as they're happy. Live in a cardboard box for all I care if that's what floats your boat and makes u happy. Frankly I don't mind it at all because if everyone thought the way we think then everyone would have houses and no one would be left to rent them. Similarly, if everyone was "rich" or asset rich or whatever u wanna call the relatively wealthy Australian who has over a million$ in assets, then it would be the norm and with everyone being more wealthy comes inflation and we'd all just be average again. So frankly it makes me happy that there are a majority of people who have the outlook of buying a place and living in it and trying to pay it off, or putting it all in the too hard basket and not doing anything at all.

Again, that's what makes those people happy then that's great, and I am not judging anyone for their choices of what makes them happy.

But when people like to play the Gardner and cut all the tall Poppy's down around them to make themselves feel better, that is usually an indication that they are unfulfilled within themselves, and that, my friend, is not my fhuking problem nor do I care lol

Either way I didn't even mean to start a debate about money investment and the best options. As I stated multiple times, what works for one is not what works for another.

The part I find the most comical is the party I am on a so called debate with clearly has minimal if any knowledge about the subject up for debate, as shown in his irrelevant and incorrect comments. That's not my opinion either, that's fact lol, can be found on any report or by taking a walk down to an independent financial planner or broker.

Guess it shows you how much mother hood has changed me, back in the day I would have downed a few glasses and ripped into it and had a full on debate about the ins and outs of the property market, just because I can and because I know a fair bit.

These days I just don't have the urge to anymore, confrontation of any kind is just something I try not to waste my time on anymore. It doesn't help in any fashion, and at the end of it your the one who feels like an idiot coz you've wasted your valuable time arguing with ignorance, and u can never win an argument with ignorance.

Edited by Princess Fluffy

• I <3 Floods
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 1m 29d

Chuffed I got a mention in Don's story..

May have teared up a little..

Oh and fluff I learned this saying to be true a long time ago..

Never argue with idiots.. They will only drag you down to their level..

Edited by Never had any say Panda

Well said and we all need to remember that this country works (relatively) well with a mix of people, opinions and their goals and I'm with you totally where you say that it isn't your problem if someone else's life sux, for whatever reason.

'No more confrontation' you say. ....... . I'm gunna have to find some of my favorite posts of yours where you 'let rip' at people and save them coz it does sound like Hudo caused a hormone shift....so no more burnouts either? hehe

The Debate thing was just a way to continue the conversation a bit longer to give him time to Google-- how to make money-- but then probably got an answer that he didn't want to hear so "he'll leave it there" lol

So anyway
My lease is up in January
hint hint

lol Edit

I probably will never meet you SDP (even though I keep telling you to put me on the friggen pay roll hehe) but how you went about that, really impressed me and was a good example for what I was trying to get across

Hope that's OK...

Edited by BenDoCo

• Bob the Freaking Builder
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 17d

Hhahaha some of the stuff we have going on at the moment with possibly the next house is not a situation where we get to pick a tenant, but by the end of 2015 I would really love to have sorted at least that property and another one so will keep u in mind ;)

I want a 'big' garage (so my car actually fits)

not much garden (coz can't br farked)

Excellent heating and cooling (coz old)

I want to be able to have a dog

really good internet

and don't wanna pay much

Yeah like I'm in a position to demand anything.

---------------------------

would one of you make a decision about either a M&G or a run soon please.

• Like 1