Sa Members

animalxr6t

• ...JD TUNING ADELAIDE...
  • Gold Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 3m 21d

seems to be a very popular problem with any zf that's had a tune wot in normal "d" and 1-2 change hit limiter mind u it comes on bloody fast that's why short shifting works but that just translates to wheel spinning mid to top of 1st then short shifting and spinning through 2nd :download:

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 28d

I will set it up hard for 'Jetty' to drive then :)

Will you be offering your zf chooning magic for some $$$ or do we have to wait for Brucey to get qualled? :beerchug:

• Member For: 19y 8m 26d

one thing I know would be good to see is the zf shift b4 it hits limiter because it just cant keep up in std form that's why short shift 1-2 works so well but it would be nice to see it keep up :pleasantry:

your just slow on the gear change

• Member For: 21y 8m 28d

To tune the ZF requires that you tune the engine as well - its part of one flash process, so unless you want your engine retuned (?) there is no point in coming to me for it, as your tuner already has your base engine tune file - unless they want to give you that to bring along for the ride....not that there is too much magic in most of it. For example an injector/cooler/exhaust/wastegate FG shouldnt be more than a couple of hours work from scratch.

Edited by Street Tuner

• Member For: 21y 8m 28d

Note: I also tested full throttle upshift with my 310rwkw (Mainline) test car today (Herrod G6E) that I am doing transmission calibration on. It will shift before the limiter WOT 1/2 with both the stock and upgraded ZF programs. Not shifting before popping the limiter is indicative of wrong Torque settings in the engine program which enables the clutches to slip before the gear can be engaged in time. This should not happen, and isnt particularly good for the transmission - it is quite fixable

Edited by Street Tuner

• GONE FULL WIZARD
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m 15d

Mine was fine, just revved harder (over 6000rpm) on the auto shifts than what I like, only ever hit the limiter on brain fade manual shifts.

• Gold Donating Members

your just slow on the gear change

I was reffering to automatic mode speed racer :w00t2:

I can shift fine old boskie bear I shift so hard I blow out the sunroof with the speed incurred :spit:

• Gold Donating Members

blokes this is the write up I did for the zf tuning stuff by the looks of it every tuner in the country has the option to sit the course and get qualified so as soon as tuners pull there finger out it should hit the streets like a flood even k.p.m have there own thread

on this

k.p.m

my write up

its a bit like everything blokes wait a little bit and the tunes will get better and better and the technology will be fine tuned aswell but a kick ass start to getting a hi stall in a 6 speed box what an ultimate package hey

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 5m 28d

Looks the goods :buttrock: ....Ill wait till Bruce has it sorted....If he says it works I know my trans is in good hands..His work speaks for it self :turboboink: