CLuTZ

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 4m 6d

Hey all, first of all- thanks to all that help run this club! There's so much info on here that has helped me out heaps. I'm going to donate soon!

I just wanted to share my thoughts on the 50th Anniversary G6E Turbo I picked up 5 days ago....

The first time I drove an FG (Thrifty rental car) was in a Havana G6E up in Sydney when I went up for a weekend away. Multiple XR6 rentals later I finally bit the bullet and bought one of my own. I have been driving modified import Mitsi's for the last 13 years after growing up in New Zealand, but I decided after driving those rentals that it was time for a change.

I had a fairly average experience with the dealership who I'm not going to bother to name. Picked the car up for a steal though- so can't complain really. Some say that the 50th's options are a waste of money, but the way I saw it was that they ended up being bonuses.

There's more than enough power for a daily driver and the transmission is awesome, except for having to pull the stick down to change up a gear. Still does my head in!

The interior is nice and the extra bolsters on the 50th's are a nice touch, as is the brushed aluminum trim on the doors and dash. The drivers seat sits way too high for my liking, but there's nothing I can do about that- is there?? The premium sound is pretty average- the sub is a bit of a joke really. Going to fix that soon though.

Handling isn't too bad- I had some King springs installed the day after I picked it up which seems to have tightened it up a fair bit. Will align this week and hopefully they'll get rid of the negative camber on the front and the slight understeer.

All in all I'm pretty stoked with it- not planning on going hard on mods just yet as I'd like to keep the warranty for now. Am going to book it in with Final Inspection for them to get the paint up to scratch, as the dealership did a pretty average job- and I'm pretty fussy when it comes to my cars..!

Here's a sneak peak- will def add some more pics once I get it back from being detailed.

mainmk.jpg

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 27d

As I said the other night mate, mad colour, spewing I bought mine before it came out. Put the box on yet?

• Donating Members

As I said the other night mate, mad colour, spewing I bought mine before it came out. Put the box on yet?

Yep! Was fairly easy modding it with the dremmel, and gas stove top- thanks heaps for that by the way :burnout:

geez that colour looks great. Get some tint on it ASAP!

great buy and have fun with your new ride

Tint is def on the cards! I already did my own custom glare strip on the front windscreen- which most shops won't do....

• Member For: 13y 3m 19d

Great ride. Then I'm a totally biased G6ET 50th owner.

I said I'd hold off the mods to keep the warranty too.........well sort of didn't happen. But couldn't be more pleased.

• Donating Members

I got it with 60 kms on the clock... 40 more than when I put a deposit down on it. I wasn't happy to say the least. There was a bit of a story behind it though. It's now on about 800.

Got a road trip to Adelaide in about 4 weeks time- so will try and get the first service done by then. :icon_ford:

I've been getting lots of comments about the colour- and am yet to see one exactly t he same (a few Terry's, XT's and G6E's though)

Edited by CLuTZ