Ideas For Doing My Up Ba Xr6T?

mattxr6tute

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 4m 10d

Exactly what I did mate, I had a BA 5 speed but once I realized it was a really bad base car to modify I sold it. Bit over two years of hanging around here driving sh*tboxes sucked and also copping it from everyone over my interesting choices of 'in-between' cars but I learned allot and now I'm back in a Turbo and loving it.

But if your cars in really good nick and you have a daily anyway might even be an option to pull it off the road and do it properly.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 10m 14d

umm probably a cat and fuel pump

though with those mods the tune wont be too safe but the bf2 can handle it that's why people do it.

Edited by Paulie2256

• Tampon inserted, Auto Acquired, next purchase a new handbag
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 6m 16d

$2500 for 300rwkw on a bf? what mods? cooler, cai, valve springs and a tune would set you back more than that

BF2...Injectors, Cat, Xcal 3, Plugs, thermostat, Custom tune.

• Member For: 15y 1m 13d

Remember to put even more cash aside after you get your "tune" as your chassis will not be able to handle the amount of torque/power your car is now making.

First u'll notice your diff mounts coming off, followed by CV's, then more mounts (there's two plates sitting on the front half of the car that is prone to damage/breaking due to potholes) list goes on, no use having all that power and everything underneath your car is detaching itself

It wasn't built to handle big power in the first place, make sure you build a stronger car before getting it tuned for more poewr

If you'd like fellas make a comparison, put on a bf xr6t and a E60/61 BMW 5 series and have a look, everything underneath the BMW is TWICE thicker and stronger (they even have a body brace in between the boot and the wheel arches), sure the BMW 5 series may cost twice as much for purchase, but to make an xr6t with a chassis up to this standard would cost almost the same

JDM imports may need to spend more to get more power out of their smaller engines, but make up for a well engineered/built chassis in the first place

How come nobody here every mention the importance of having a car with a superior chassis????

Edited by GinjaNinja

Not exactly, the E30 is about balance, not power. Even if a car has a 1.5 litre motor it can still be fast, a fast car needs GOOD RESPONSE, no matter which application it might be. Why swap the motor in the E30 anyway? It's designed to be what it is

Besides, ever seen high powered drag cars, funny cars even top fuel swerving all over the drag strip? It's much to do with the body of the car being overpowered by the amount of torque/power the motor is producing

Put a high power motor in a street car and the body panels will warp, it may not be visible to the naked eye, but your car is already unbalanced and out of shape, it effects the handling and speed of the car already.

Ever wonder why supercars like the bugatti will happily do 417km/h and feels like it's on rails? it's because the car's being built specifically for that kind of power and speed, without it, it too, will fall to pieces

I'm just wandering how guys here are making 400rwkw and their under chassis and body part's arn't falling

off :S

BTW I suggested the comparison between the bimmer and the turbo being that they are exactly the same size and yet how they are different from each other, and why one seemingly considered more superior by the motoring public and why one cost more than the other, everything has a reason

Edited by GinjaNinja

• Member For: 13y 3m 13d

was jokes about the 302 in the e30 bro even though the yanks are into atm ( though the chasis is up 4 more then the lil 1.8 can offer and u be surprised that the 302 is lighter then the 5 series donk ) , it depends on what your using the power 4 aswell track is a whole other world from street , other wise there would be no such thing as a muscle car :) that's y I love the hq races as there's nothing like a good roll over lol . but that's my uneducated statement and will leave this thread 4 its original intentions and note I understand and agree with your post 99%