Fg Mk2 News And Pics

Rancidpunx

• Will do skids for food
  • Silver Donating Members
  • Member For: 12y 10m 15d

one thing I reckon people will do on the 8in screen is the obdii connection n display the gauges on the screen

This sounds interesting, is this possible and how ?

• Manual mode ________________________ All day, erryday
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 16y 9m 26d

Very possible, a "Kiwi" wifi device (what's the full name?) plugs in to OBDII port, send to phone via bluetooth I think. The you get phone video output adapter to match screen...but no idea on what the new screen takes as input...

• 570Nm @1800rpm
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 20y 11m 29d

For those of you who dislike the Mk2 XR, wait until you see the G6E. Pick of the Mk2 crop is NA XR6 (no fake chrome around driving lights, the G6 and probably the best is the XT.

I am looking forward to EcoBoost XT info. Out of the box they will have over 400Nm of torque and should go well with a ZF behind them. EcoBoost motor with 30psi of BOOST should go alright :burnout:

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 23d

I know theres an app called rev on itunes store ( http://itunes.apple....d302420711?mt=8 ) $42 for the app.

need 1 of the 3 hardware devices listed;

- Kiwi Wifi, PLX Devices (www.plxdevices.com)

- ElmCanII-WLAN, CarCode-Muller (www.obd-2.net)

- OBDKey WLAN, KBM Systems (www.kbmsystems.net)

havent heard anything of the last 2, but seen the words kiwi wifi heaps over the forums. just grabbed something gussa said not long ago :P

It uses Iphone App (I think) - But you need to convert your ICC screen to be able to play DVD's and shiz, and then buy the kiwi wifi to send to the screen.

its an asl kit u buy to send the info to screen. havent entirely looked into it as im not ready for it lol. I avoid It if I can, each time I have searched this place for it I end up with a million tabs open and hrs pass easily lol

yeh I agree with u xtrmn8. ecoboost is going to be an interesting thing to follow. the engines may have a heap of good power but its just the weight of the falcon lol. maybe for the "next" falcon (taurus?) thatll be lighter n quicker :w00t2:

Edited by Shyfrd

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m
I can't believe people are waiting for that.

I'd get a MkI if I had the cash on me now but seeing as my 'budget plan' for the last 18 months was to buy one in early 2012, I figure I might as well sit and wait. At the very least, it will push down the prices of any leftover MkI demo's laying around

great find xtrmn8! the lower grille isnt even that big. looks big in the pics on their website but not so much in the pic above ^ whinge whinge..everyone hated the fg spy pics a few yrs ago, and now theyre everywhere. itll grow on u, grab a tissue ;) I now cant wait to see what fpv pull out of the hat for the fg2

The grill does look smaller in the real world pic, much less 'offensive' to my eyes :nod: I imagine the FPV MkII will be pretty similar to the current run but with the new touch screen and new rims plus some extra stuff standard.

The new base screen is the same as the base screen in the TX Territory, not the carry over FG MkI monochrome screen. Auto headlights have been standard from factory on most models since B-series days, and certainly were in FG. Not sure who your dealer is but I hope he's not charging you for all these "dealer fitted accessories"! Perimeter alarm is just a siren mounted next to the horn that will plug in to your loom if you're lucky enough to have the right level wiring harness (afaik G6ET, FPV, maybe 50th anniversay, ie anything with indicators in the mirrors or luxury pack). Dunno how much the part is but worth looking up if you have the connection present. This is also fitted in plant, I know because I put a little bit of effort into finding them before I also figured out I didn't have the right level loom. I think the new content is so overwhelming that I didn't think I could handle it, so I bought a runout MkI. :senile:

Ah, OK. I just assumed it was the same cause the Ford site says "5.8-inch LCD monochrome display". You're right, the Falcon does have Auto Headlights, the optional accessory I found was Auto Lights ON. The Perimeter Alarm is listed for $360 dealer fitted for all the models.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 25d

Demo would be the go. I have a feeling the G series are going to look like a squashed Territory.

• Turboless
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 6m 23d

I use the Android app torque for my gauges with a cheap Ebay Bluetooth obd 2

ah yeh forgot to mention that one. ive read a few people get cheapo ebay ones but a bit of trouble. howd u find it? and could u list a link to the same one u got? cheers :spoton: