Fg Mk2 News And Pics

Rancidpunx

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 9m 1d

My Opinions:

Inclusion of Curtain Airbags as Standard is a good move. Many buyers skimp on them and unfortunately they add little value at re-sale so making them standard is the only way to keep everyone safe.

New Touch Screen is good. Larger 8" Size is good.

Satellite Navigation as Standard on G6E and G6ET is good

Standard Reverse Sensors is a plus

I'm neutral on the new LED lights, I'll wait till we see a few to see whether they're more than a marketing gimmick

Ability to play MP3's off any USB device is really good. Hopefully they've updated the Bluetooth as well...

The new rims look OK.

I don't like the new front grill. I liked the old one better.

There are two important things they forgot to mention. Firstly, when exactly is it launching. The best we get is that "production begins in the fourth quarter of 2011". The Second thing there was no mention of is the price. Is it going up at all (hopefully not). Overall, I think it's a good Upgrade, although it looks like no changes were made to the drivetrain (unless they left out that stuff). :icon_ford:

I'm also curious as to what the "Optional Extra's" on the G6ET will be. All I can think of is Tow-Ball and 19-inch Rims. The GPS is now standard.

Can someone explain the difference between Standard, Prestige and Premium Sound and which cars they are available in? Now, the buffoons in the Marketing Department need to get to work and actually sell this model :spoton:

• Like 1

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 26d

Sounds promising, not sold on the new bumper though. Can anyone get those pics to load?

Warranty expires on mine in a few months, was trying to resist the temptation to waste money on an upgrade but that may have to change now :ermm:

• Bored Member
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 21y 10m 6d

Can anyone get those pics to load?

I struggled for a bit, I'd say they are taking a hammering at the moment as they go viral so I leached and rehosted the pic in the first post.

G6E and interior wasnt worth the effort.

Is that a lowered Territory or a MKII... :blink:

cnlT9.jpg

Might as well have ducked out and taken a pic of my interior... :blink:

uia8v.jpg

Edited by Dagabond

• Sucker
  • Moderating Team
  • Member For: 20y 4m 26d

Oh :blink:

Are they real or CGI? Look like something Wheels or Motor has mocked-up...think I liked it better just looking at the thumbnails.

• Three pedals are better then two..
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 17y 3m 25d

Yeah just a Terri mock up, don't think anyones gonna regret buying a series 1 tbh.

• Brisbanes Resident Detailer
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 8m

I thought I was the only one who doesn't like the new bumper. New lights were a given but its good to see Ford not penny pinching and the XRs get them as well. The LEDs on the G-specs is a bit wank.