Ford Fg Twin Exit Exhaust

lukedohc

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 5d

I really would like to have a twin exit on my car I think it would suit the styling of it

now the problem is that they are too friggen exspensive $$$$$$$$$$

I am a fitter and turner by trade and have done heaps of stainless work but I'm working as a stainless steel salesman ATM

not I've working it out guessing on muffler price got no idea I could do a twin 2.5" for about $500 (1/4 of the retail catback)

to be honest I havent even look under the car or started to plan it!!! but what I would love if people could put up pictures of theres! on the car or even off it would be so much help

any help would be great thanks for your time :icon_ford:

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 7d

Mate, make up a fakey if it's just the 'look' you're after. Otherwise, they just rob power. Plenty have had them and end up pissing them off.

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Even a lot of the bikes twin systems are fakeys now. The up under the seat twins anyway. In the fake hole is a key hole. Makes a good secure storage place. And the bikes runs better on the single.

• Carnage on the Garage Floor
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 14y 4m 7d

Yep, that's the way I'd go. Used to run them on my HQ Monaro coupe 'cause I ran dump pipes. Even sprayed the inner of the tubes light grey (leaded fuel days for the youngens) so it looked like she was running sweet and kept the boys in blue happy :spoton: . Was a bit of a giveaway going over dusty roads etc but looked the part and met the performance needs of the car. This is a similar scenario. You'd only notice at idle that one pipe was a fakey. Driving, nobody would notice. Subaru are doing it with Liberty models I noticed the other day. The tough one must get both sides active but povo models get the same tip, but no zort hooked up. It looked fine and we're only talking visual appeal here. People that think that's a wank need to consider that most think the same way about twin systems on XR6's anyway. At least this way you don't rob power.

• Donating Members
  • Member For: 15y 11m 5d

I would never put it on there as a fake it just seems so wrong in so many ways more of a Expensive Daewoo owner thing

and I cant see a twin 2.5 robbing power when the stock system is a twin 2.25 my cars only standard

Guest XR09
  • Guests

Well if it was just the look and pride of it.

I would be scouring some performance workshops and trying to get a cheap std GT or GS set. 2nd hand so to say .... cheap.

XR6 with a std gt exhaust put in it. The guys at the shop just cut the other holes in the rear apron. While it looks Ok. It 's just Ok

post-33767-0-53529000-1315636065_thumb.j

• Resident idiot.
  • Donating Members
  • Member For: 13y 11m 29d

I haven't got any photos under mine but I've done it twice now with the FG.

First time I sourced a factory GT exhaust as they bolt straight up after the middle muffler. Took all the hard work out of it. (I still have it on the garage floor)

I then went for mods than I had planned so purchased a system from manta

This system is a 4" dump that splits to twin 3.5" cats and remains as a twin 3" pipe to the tips.

77ebb405.jpg

Edited by dre